Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 03:59 PM

1,257 posts, read 3,683,277 times

Advertisements

Hey guys -

Question.

I was looking at a place called Manors of Waterford... it seems that it is right at the border of Keller and Southlake.

Would this be a good place to build a home or does the fact that the address is Keller (northeast) be a bit of a downer when it comes to appreciation?

I know it's really at the border of Southlake... would you buy in Southlake and sacrifice lot size instead of buying in Manors of Waterford?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2012, 08:28 PM

690 posts, read 1,729,503 times
If this is the development south of Fidelity Headquarters near Solana, you are very fortunate.
Although your commute to work should be considered. Hwy 114 in and out for almost everything.

I thought you found a place towards McKinney?

Old 01-15-2012, 08:33 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Manors of Waterford is between Pearson/Ottinger Rd and south of Dove==less than 15 min probably
but Dove is not that great surface road

and answered that question on Dallas thread

Old 01-15-2012, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyJoe817 View Post
If this is the development south of Fidelity Headquarters near Solana, you are very fortunate.
Although your commute to work should be considered. Hwy 114 in and out for almost everything.

I thought you found a place towards McKinney?
Yes, it is south of Fidelity HQ. Thanks!! I do feel very fortunate.

I work at Texas Presbyterian Hospital in Flower Mound now. I'm only part time at McKinney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Manors of Waterford is between Pearson/Ottinger Rd and south of Dove==less than 15 min probably
but Dove is not that great surface road

and answered that question on Dallas thread
Thanks L2R... I'm going to have to make a dry run from MoW and see how long it takes me to hit 114.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:24 AM

This neighborhood is south of 114 about a mile on Precint Line Road.

Just an FYI, you may want to take the shortucut on 377 north to 1171. go east on 1171 past Tour 18
to 2499. Probably lesser traffic.

Did you look at the housing around Tour 18, there are some really nice homes in that area as well.

Last edited by RockyJoe817; 01-16-2012 at 09:38 AM.. Reason: added information

Old 01-16-2012, 04:09 PM

Quote:
This neighborhood is south of 114 about a mile on Precint Line Road.

Just an FYI, you may want to take the shortucut on 377 north to 1171. go east on 1171 past Tour 18
to 2499. Probably lesser traffic.

Did you look at the housing around Tour 18, there are some really nice homes in that area as well.
Tour 18... I'll check it out.

What's the neighborhood south of 114 called?

Any other recs? I also looked near Wichita Trail by the subdivision Bella Lago in Flower Mound. That'd be really close to my work.

But I think MoW is better.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:18 PM

Pinipig;
If I'm not mistaken; that general area around the Circle T ranch is named Solana.
I'm certain someone else will let me know that I am wrong.
Westlake has some nice houses too.
It was popular until IBM started pulling out its offices. That part of of Tarrant county is/was
supposed to be one of the four or five fastest growing areas of the metro. Intel was supposed
to make a manufacturing plant and backed out. There was supposed to be a new mall built in
the area and still on hold. There was to be a new catholic high school built, but on hold.
Looks like the only thing making progress is Sam Moon buying all the land along 35W for his
Sam Moon outlet shoppes.
In addition, two or three miles north of your Flower Mound employer on 2499 is Highland Village which is supposed to be a nice area according to a colleague.
(Note: That's because he lives there.)
If you ever want to move to West Fort Worth. There is a nice looking gated community overlooking
820 West (southbound between I-30 and I-20. I believe it is known as Lost Creek Estates).
But for whatever reason you have a desire on Southlake? To each their own.
FYI: There is a new hospital supposedly being built on 35W and Golden Triangle (1709/Keller Parkway).

Last edited by RockyJoe817; 01-16-2012 at 09:25 PM.. Reason: adding more info.

Old 01-16-2012, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Pinipig;
If I'm not mistaken; that general area around the Circle T ranch is named Solana.
I'm certain someone else will let me know that I am wrong.
Westlake has some nice houses too.
It was popular until IBM started pulling out its offices. That part of of Tarrant county is/was
supposed to be one of the four or five fastest growing areas of the metro. Intel was supposed
to make a manufacturing plant and backed out. There was supposed to be a new mall built in
the area and still on hold. There was to be a new catholic high school built, but on hold.
Looks like the only thing making progress is Sam Moon buying all the land along 35W for his
Sam Moon outlet shoppes.
In addition, two or three miles north of your Flower Mound employer on 2499 is Highland Village which is supposed to be a nice area according to a colleague.
(Note: That's because he lives there.)
If you ever want to move to West Fort Worth. There is a nice looking gated community overlooking
820 West (southbound between I-30 and I-20. I believe it is known as Lost Creek Estates).
But for whatever reason you have a desire on Southlake? To each their own.
FYI: There is a new hospital supposedly being built on 35W and Golden Triangle (1709/Keller Parkway).
Rocky,

I definitely want to live no more west than Manors of Waterford (Pearson Lane). I'd rather live a little more east towards Southlake so I can be close to Dallas and just swing up to Flower Mound.

I would not mind living in Flower Mound as well, but I'd rather be in the area of Wichita Trail and not so much west because that brings me away from Dallas.

I appreciate your recs... I will check into Solana.

Old 01-17-2012, 06:36 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Solana project has declared bankruptcy I believe--you can Google for current status
it never became the mega development that was envisioned that was supposed to be driving force behind land/home development in that area--
Ross Perot has also done bait/switch with his property in Westlake area--promising lots of development that he never came through on...

that is not a bad area per se--and there are some great builders working in the development
but just be aware that it is not the most convenient location for other items besides your job--
check where the closest grocery is, the closest dry cleaners, pre-school (if you need that), doctor/dentist

and I would suggest that you drive that area at night and during a heavy rain storm so you see the roads in different situations

Old 01-17-2012, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Solana project has declared bankruptcy I believe--you can Google for current status
it never became the mega development that was envisioned that was supposed to be driving force behind land/home development in that area--
Ross Perot has also done bait/switch with his property in Westlake area--promising lots of development that he never came through on...

that is not a bad area per se--and there are some great builders working in the development
but just be aware that it is not the most convenient location for other items besides your job--
check where the closest grocery is, the closest dry cleaners, pre-school (if you need that), doctor/dentist

and I would suggest that you drive that area at night and during a heavy rain storm so you see the roads in different situations
Are we talking about Solana or MoW?

I was at MoW a few months ago and it's right off 114 or SL blvd... very convenient.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth