Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2012, 03:05 PM

4 posts, read 10,417 times

Advertisements

I may have a great opportunity to relocate to the Ft Worth area from south TX in the coming months and my wife and I are looking to lease for a year while we sell our home. Looking for something 1k-1.4k per mo.

We don't have kids, so schools are not a concern.
My work will be downtown but there will be some travel by car in the region.

We are not looking for anything permanent, just a safe, affordable and centrally located area.

I grew up in Dallas and had been to Ft Worth many times but had never even heard of Westworth Village. I've found a few rentals that are certainly affordable but I'm hesitant due to my lack of knowledge. We did a drive-through and the neighborhood seemed ok. Kids playing, quiet, etc. we are not looking in the golf course area with the half-mill plus homes.

Anyone know anything about this area? Safety for my wife is my biggest concern.
We can do without some luxuries until our house sells and we free up that payment.

Thanks in advance for your thoughtful consideration and responses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2012, 03:41 PM

11,858 posts, read 26,881,949 times
Don't complain about the air traffic and noise from Lockheed Martin and the NAS JRB!

Old 03-25-2012, 03:51 PM

Thank you for replyinf! Lol, how bad is it?

Right now we live two blocks away from a very busy stretch of rail; close enough we feel it. Trains come through a dozen times a day, horns ablowin'.

You get used to it.

I figure if million dollar homes are a half mile away, the noise can't be that bad!

These places look to be south of white settlement rd bounded by roaring springs.

Thanks again

Old 03-25-2012, 04:30 PM

11,858 posts, read 26,881,949 times
NAS JRB flies lots of Navy fighters, and huge C130 transport planes. Lockheed builds the f35 and F14 filters. Needless to say, when the fighters go screaming overhead with their afterburners on, they are loud! No, you really never get used to them. Trains are not nearly as loud.

That part you are mentioning is nice.

Old 03-29-2012, 07:24 AM

20 posts, read 38,630 times
Just to provide an alternate point of view - I live in Village of Hawks Creek apartments in Westworth Village, and the air noise does not bother me at all. Its really not that loud, and certainly not as loud as being near a train track. I heard rumors of walls rattling and huge booming noises before I moved here, and none of it proved to be true.

I love the area. Its convenient to everything in Fort Worth and is very safe. I commute to south of downtown in the medical district every morning and it takes me about 15 minutes to get to work.

Good luck with your move!

Old 04-03-2012, 03:45 AM

656 posts, read 1,356,186 times
Just moved there from downtown Fort Worth. No complaints at all.

Old 04-05-2012, 08:55 PM

The house we were interested in is gone. Maybe you got it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
View detailed profiles of: