Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 10:29 PM

6 posts, read 7,917 times

Advertisements

I'm coming to Fort Worth next week to look around and get a feel for the area. I have a job offer in the Blue Mound area. What would you recommend in the 48 hours I have to drive around?

For the short term, I need to check out potential apartment complexes. Suggestions within a few miles of Blue Mound?

Long term (a year or two from now) would like to purchase a modest home not located inside a HOA. Which areas should I check out? Preferably areas close to Blue Mound to cut down on my commute time.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2012, 05:44 PM

690 posts, read 1,729,503 times
Hello;

Blue Mound is small, you don't want to blink your eyes or else you will have passed it.
Blue Mound is being surrounded by Fort Worth and Saginaw. There are plenty of apartments/housing
and all of your amenities nearby in any direction nearby at 35W/820 all the way into Saginaw and North to Keller.

There is plenty of construction at that corner of the world so the traffic can be bumper to bumper.
OK, that is the first ten seconds off the rest of your life. Hopefully you can take a drive down to the check out the stockyards, Downtown Fort Worth Museums, Golf or since baseball season is opening up; take in a baseball game at the updated Arlington Baseball park (check baseball schedule).

Old 04-09-2012, 06:53 PM

Thank you.

I presume traffic is steadily getting worse on all interstates and highways. Would a 15-20 minute commute (each direction) be possible working in Blue Mound and living in Saginaw, Keller, North Richland Hills, or Haltom City?

Also, how long does it take to drive Dallas to Forth Worth and vice-versa during rush hour?

Old 04-09-2012, 07:22 PM

Construction on that corner of 35W/820 seems to just be beginning.

The traffic backup and construction is affecting both the north/south and east/west for approx 2-3 miles.

During Rush hour and construction on the 35W/820 Corner you could be looking at ten to twenty minutes alone. Now depending where you find a place to live you may be going against traffic or drop off just as the traffic gets heavier closer at the Mark IV Pkwy exit, FAA Rd, Western Center. You will find your local surface street backup up plan very quickly.

I am approximating Rush Hours to Dallas can take 1.0 to 1.5 hours depending on traffic, weather, construction and path of least resistance.
Downtown Dallas and Downtown Fort Worth are approx. 25 miles away from each other on I-30, but can be worlds apart on many comparisons.
Average commute should be under 1.0 hour on I-30.
A previous poster comes from the other side of Dallas opposing traffic
under one hour to Fort Worth on I-30.

Last edited by RockyJoe817; 04-09-2012 at 07:32 PM..

Old 04-09-2012, 07:40 PM

Do an internet search on:
"road construction at 35W and 820"

You will find some information that may be helpful to you.
the road construction in that corner of the world will be running to the year 2017.

Old 04-09-2012, 07:43 PM

What is the prevailing direction of traffic during rush hour? In other words, do people working in Dallas and Fort Worth typically live to the north?

Google Traffic maps suggest the north/south routes are the most congested during rush hour.

Old 04-09-2012, 08:17 PM

Please view a map.

Blue mound is almost direct north downtown of Fort Worth by approx. ten miles.
Fort Worth is surrounded by many suburbs.

Dallas and Fort Worth are spread out. The county lines do not meet for approx 20 miles East of Blue mound by the DFW Airport.
The Tarrant county and Dallas county lines would be split down the Dallas/Fort worth Airport
or I like to refer to the Hwy 360 would be a better referral.

The 35W/820 intersection is an intersection where the freeway meets for the North/South and East/West transition.

Working in Blue Mound; Dallas will not affect you unless you plan a commute to Dallas
or one of its suburbs.

Dallas is setup similar with the city in the center of the hub and the surrounding suburbs.
Dallas, the Northern suburbs are popular.
The traffic runs towards the downtown.

Old 04-09-2012, 08:43 PM

My last question came from looking at a map. That's where I noticed -- assuming Google is correct -- that the north/south highways are more congested at rush hour than the east/west highways.

Would you say the majority of folks working in Fort Worth live in Fort Worth suburbs, or is there cross-over between Dallas and Fort Worth?

Old 04-10-2012, 04:50 AM

11,858 posts, read 26,881,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texashereicome1 View Post

Would you say the majority of folks working in Fort Worth live in Fort Worth suburbs, or is there cross-over between Dallas and Fort Worth?
No. People here usually live close to where they work. There are nice areas all over the metroplex, so thee is no reason to make a long commute.

For Blue Mound, I would look in the Fossil Creek area, which is near 35W and Western Center Blvd. there are lots of nice apartments there.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:27 AM

If your coming down this weekend of April 13-15, you may want to be forewarned about the
Nascar at the Texas Motor Speedway just North on 35W at 114.
There will be some heavier traffic in the area this weekend due to the car races.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth