Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 11:25 PM

425 posts, read 995,933 times

Advertisements

I am hosting a girls' weekend next month for a dozen of my closest friends

We are looking for a place to eat in Southlake or Keller that would be fun for a group of girls (okay, we're older than girls...), where we can get an adult beverage and laugh without annoying all the other patrons.

We don't want a chain.

Where's your favorite place to eat in the area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2012, 06:17 AM

7,891 posts, read 11,410,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatChicagoan View Post
I am hosting a girls' weekend next month for a dozen of my closest friends

We are looking for a place to eat in Southlake or Keller that would be fun for a group of girls (okay, we're older than girls...), where we can get an adult beverage and laugh without annoying all the other patrons.

We don't want a chain.

Where's your favorite place to eat in the area?
I dont live near that area but have been to two places that come to mind for your group..... Anemias and Blue Mesa, TexMex and Southwestern food respectively. Nice places with great food and margaritas....as well as many other adult libations

Old 04-29-2012, 06:20 AM

11,856 posts, read 26,881,949 times
Look at Coal Vines near Central Market. It's a wine bar that also makes wonderful pizzas. Very adult place and great atmosphere!

Old 04-29-2012, 07:04 AM

211 posts, read 495,170 times
Y'all come a little farther south into FW proper, and not only will I suggest several places for a girls' night out, I'll even join you!

Have fun! I know you'll come up with something great and have lots of laughs. There's nothing like a getting together with old friends!

Old 05-01-2012, 12:21 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
have only been in Coal Vines once but did not really seem like place where people would go to drink more than eat...

Brio in Southlake is loud enough at times I think you could shoot a gun and no one would notice--but food is very good
haven't had anything alcoholic

check Yelp in Southlake and Keller

Baja Grill gets good review for being laid back place to meet/greet with good food which seems to be what OP is looking for

Campania Pizza has outdoor patio--weather might cooperate

Buca is chain but you can make a lot of commotion and no one would notice--food is decent if not as good as Brio's

if you went east to Grapevine Mills area check out Love and War in Texas--food is decent and they have large parties at times having good times
Uncle Julio's (chain, yes) is big enough and loud enough no one pays attention to what tables are doing...

Old 05-01-2012, 09:53 AM

425 posts, read 995,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Brio in Southlake is loud enough at times I think you could shoot a gun and no one would notice--but food is very good
haven't had anything alcoholic
Brio was the restaurant I had originally planned on going to, but that was shot down because it was a chain

Old 05-01-2012, 10:09 AM

I don't know what your friends have against chains--
some of them are better than locally owned places -- they too can have bad management and mediocre food...they just don't usually last as long...

The Grapevine restaurant Esparza's (local/no chain) is not that great IMO but gets positive reviews/word of mouth because people go there to drink/party and when you had three margaritas anything tastes great...same with Joe T Garcia's in Stockyards...great patio atmosphere but food is nuh...

Old 05-01-2012, 12:38 PM

11,856 posts, read 26,881,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
The Grapevine restaurant Esparza's (local/no chain) is not that great IMO but gets positive reviews/word of mouth because people go there to drink/party and when you had three margaritas anything tastes great...same with Joe T Garcia's in Stockyards...great patio atmosphere but food is nuh...
Sad but true!! Esparzas margaritas are awesome but the food is awful! I've made the mistake of eating there twice, and I'm not doing that again!

Old 05-01-2012, 12:41 PM

We love Lupe's in Bedford--terrific margaritas and food is good but lately haven't seen the owner in there when we eat and think the service is little iffy...sometimes we have gotten wrong order or had items left off...
just not much room for larger parties inside

Old 05-01-2012, 12:42 PM

OP--where is everyone coming from? Keller? Southlake? other?

What about Hard 8 in Coppell--
BBQ is decent and has some speciality items and you can party pretty hard w/o anyone making a stink I think
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth