Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2007, 10:56 AM

7 posts, read 22,810 times

Advertisements

we are moving to the dfw area in the spring from calgary, alberta canada where we find the winters way toooo long and the standard of living too expensive. my husband is a computer systems engineer and will start looking for work over the christmas holidays. he has been living in canada for the last 15yrs and is really wanting to move back to the usa. any thoughts on a great older family oriented neighborhood in fort worth or keller. we have a 4yr old that will be starting kindergarten in the fall. we are looking under the 250k mark, ranch style with a pool. any of your input would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2007, 06:29 PM

1,379 posts, read 6,427,044 times
Congratulations on moving back Did you originally come from Texas? Did you want in an older treed neighborhood?? Did you have a size preference?

Old 12-06-2007, 09:56 PM

7 posts, read 22,810 times
No, I am not originally from Texas but my husband has lived off and on in Texas throughout the years. We have family that live in Texas and NW Arkansas and are looking forward to being closer together. Our preference is a 3 or 4 bdrm ranch style home, older (renos not a problem), with pool and family oriented neighborhood and schools. Does that exist anywhere in the Fort Worth area. We don't care for the "down town" scene or keeping up with stuff...we are after quality of life,people and memories. Thanks for the response.

Old 12-06-2007, 10:15 PM

1,379 posts, read 6,427,044 times
Most definately doable. There is quite a lot to offer. Most of the neighborhoods down here are family orientented for the most part. I concentrated on newer builds for when I did our research when we moved here.

There are many neighborhoods in Keller, North Fort Worth, Saginaw, North Richland Hills, North Hurst, Bedford that you would be able to find houses sub-250K. They would be older homes with a pool, but would be nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth