Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 03:16 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,958,071 times

Advertisements

FW is pretty conservative dude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2013, 03:27 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,895,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfman82 View Post
My main issues with Texans...

First, I am from Southern Louisiana. A Cajun, Christian, husband, Pro-Gun, Pro-Life, Pro-Family...

In Texas, I've been treated poorly by people because I have a dark complexion (French/Sicilian/German). They assumed I was either Mexican or Italian from the Northeast. I was actually told this my numerous native Texans. Talk about strange! Who cares, right? I told them I was from Louisiana and very conservative. Actually my ancestors were in the South before Texas even became a state. That didn't matter because I wasn't from Texas. People from Louisiana are stupid. I'm sorry but that's the most backwards way of thinking. It makes no rational sense... So while Texans claim to be conservative they actually hold to a form of it that they can only claim. They hate other conservatives. Which is why that state is now slowly turning liberal. When you alienate yourself that's what happens. I really wish people would step outside their "box" and use their brain. The downfall of many conservatives is that they can't see past themselves. Oh, you don't have blonde hair and blue eyes? You don't have the local accent? You don't drive a truck? Oh, so you must not be a "real" Texan... Unbelievable! Since when did we have prerequisites?

The same goes for the rest of the South. Many people stuck in the same old way of thinking. The idea that if you're a computer nerd you're liberal and not a man. The idea that if you drive an energy efficient car you're gay. The idea that if you have a dark complexion you're a guest but never a resident. Do you see the stupidity? It's utterly stupid and ridiculous... Just because someone isn't a plumber or oilfield worker doesn't make them liberal. Actually I've met many liberals who work in construction and other blue-collar fields. My neighbor across the street thinks video games and computers are evil. Yet her kids are the most misbehaved kids I've every encountered. She claims to be conservative but I think she is really liberal with that kind of thinking. Computer games are evil? Oh, so guns are evil? It's just silliness... My son enjoys video games and is one of the best behaved kids. He is learning how to code iOS apps while these other kids are throwing rocks at cars. It's crazy... You can't judge a book by its cover. I think many Texans need to learn that lesson. Then maybe they'll have a chance to save their state.

Oh and yes... I'm a software engineer... I'm 6'5" and weigh 315lbs... I have dark hair and eyes... I bench 495 and deadlift 675... I guarantee I'd whip some scrawny plumbers ass...

LOL
I'm a conservative that was born and raised in Florida, with a few stints in Tennessee and Louisiana before finally making my way to Texas three years ago.

I've never experienced anything you've talked about.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:03 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,908,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
FW is pretty conservative dude.
Maybe compared to other cities in this state. But go to West 7th, the Near Southside, and East side and see how conservative it is.

(Don't get the city mixed up with the COUNTY it's in.)

Old 02-26-2013, 09:43 AM

440 posts, read 867,441 times
Hmm this thread was started in 2007!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth