Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 09:12 AM

9 posts, read 42,244 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I will be visiting my parents in DFW area (Euless, to be exact just off DFW Airport) from Christmas to New Years. I will be bring my kids 4 1/2 and 1 1/2 and my wife.

I use to live in Euless way back in University and don't know any place for kids. I am hoping for recommendation for places to take kids where they can have some fun. My brother and his family (6 year old) will also be joining us from Seattle as well. I am from Toronto Canada and the kids are use to the cold weather.

Here are some of the things I would like to do:
a) I remember there was a street we drove (me and my wife, before kids) somewhere in Arlington. This street had a really amazing light show. Every house on this street was lite with Christmas lights. I would like to take the kids on this drive.

b) A Chuck-E-Cheese type recommendation would be great hopefuly close Euless.

c) Apperently there is some sort of a steam train which offers rides between Grapevine and Fort Worth. I think the kids would enjoy that.

d) Also something do do for me and the wife on New Years Eve. Are there any public events either in Fort Worth or Dallas that you can recommend? Or a nice place to eat?

Also anything else, specifically for kids that you can recommend would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited by jacksonjohn83; 12-10-2007 at 09:38 AM.. Reason: spelling mistake
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2007, 10:41 AM

6,848 posts, read 11,798,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonjohn83 View Post
Hi,

I will be visiting my parents in DFW area (Euless, to be exact just off DFW Airport) from Christmas to New Years. I will be bring my kids 4 1/2 and 1 1/2 and my wife.

I use to live in Euless way back in University and don't know any place for kids. I am hoping for recommendation for places to take kids where they can have some fun. My brother and his family (6 year old) will also be joining us from Seattle as well. I am from Toronto Canada and the kids are use to the cold weather.

Here are some of the things I would like to do:
a) I remember there was a street we drove (me and my wife, before kids) somewhere in Arlington. This street had a really amazing light show. Every house on this street was lite with Christmas lights. I would like to take the kids on this drive.

b) A Chuck-E-Cheese type recommendation would be great hopefuly close Euless.

c) Apperently there is some sort of a steam train which offers rides between Grapevine and Fort Worth. I think the kids would enjoy that.

d) Also something do do for me and the wife on New Years Eve. Are there any public events either in Fort Worth or Dallas that you can recommend? Or a nice place to eat?

Also anything else, specifically for kids that you can recommend would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

Here are some sites to check on what's available in the area:

For current events in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area:
Guidelive.com (http://www.guidelive.com/portal/page?_pageid=33,97296&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL - broken link)

For Grapevine and the railroad:
Grapevine Convention and Visitors Bureau > Home

For All Dallas attractions:
Welcome to Dallas!

For All Ft. Worth attractions:
Fort Worth, Texas

Old 12-10-2007, 11:05 AM

1,379 posts, read 6,424,716 times
Ohhhh there is supposed to be a really COOL pizza place in Euless off of 183 (to the west of the airport). From my understanding it is wayyyy better than Chuckie Cheese and it has a driving race track, games, carnival games and a pretty good pizza buffet.

The train from Grapevine to Fort Worth is the Tarantula train.

Old 12-10-2007, 02:36 PM

53 posts, read 243,184 times
Grapevine Railroad has a "North Pole Express" right now, if it's not sold out already. Their website sells tickets. We took our kids and they LOVED it. At 12 bucks a person it was a little pricey but they really enjoyed it and was a really nice way to enter the Christmas season.

They sing songs and get to see Santa on the train ride and then they also have a little set up at the station with ornament making, bounce house, photos with Santa, snacks for purchase, etc;

I believe the place you are referring to that is like Chuck's is John's Incredible Pizza Company. I know they have a website as well

Old 12-11-2007, 01:26 PM

3,086 posts, read 7,612,344 times
The pizza place in Euless is where the old Burlington coat Factory store used to be, right off Airport Freeway. It's called Incredible Pizza. My 2 younger kids attended a party there this past Saturday with my oldest and although they liked it so much they want to have their birthdays there! haha

Old 12-12-2007, 05:31 AM

133 posts, read 555,789 times
I bet the Christmas lights spectacle you saw in Arlington was in the Interlochen neighborhood, encircled on the map below. Starting in mid-December the main (and maybe only) entrance for light-lookers is, I believe, at Westwood Dr. just off of Randol Mill Rd.

Old 12-12-2007, 05:41 AM

133 posts, read 555,789 times
Something your kids might enjoy is Holiday In The Park at Six Flags Over Texas, also in Arlington and not far from the Interlochen neighborhood.

Old 12-05-2009, 06:13 AM

3 posts, read 23,180 times
For you and your wife, you will want to explore Victory Park. There are plenty of wonderful restaurants, outdoor events, fire works and people everywhere. A good venue for New Year's Eve.

Old 12-08-2009, 09:09 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,839,259 times
the Pizza place with the games is in the old Burlington storefront in strip mall where Poncho's buffet is on 157 and 183--just south of Trinity HS

there is Chuck E Cheese on Hwy 26 just north of the 820 interchange in NRHills and one on access road by Grapevine Mills Mall that is newer

Main Event in Grapevine--bowling alleys/game rooms--
close to the Tinseltown Movie theaters--tickets $4 before evening shows and $6 prime time--well-managed, clean, good popcorn, security there at night and weekends--we go there all the time

you might consider taking tour of the Cowboy stadium in Arlington--you have to pay but most people seem pretty impressed with it--

Old 11-23-2010, 09:42 AM

1 posts, read 14,619 times
Default A few more ideas

Hi,
There is also the Fort Worth Museum of Science and History. There is an IMAX there as well that has a Christmas movie called Santa Versus the Snowman. Sort of pricey but a pretty cute show. Casa Manana Theater is putting on the play Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer in Fort Worth and don't forget about the Nutcracker at Bass Hall in Fort Worth. Oh and there is something called ICE at the Gaylord Texan, which has lots of displays made of ice and also ice slides for the kids.
Maybe that will help....have fun!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth