Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2008, 02:28 PM

2 posts, read 8,838 times

Advertisements

I've heard from a lot of people that there were a lot of problems at Wedgewood Middle School, but then I've also heard they've cleaned it up a lot.

I'm looking for any information that will give me insight as to what's going on at this school? Parents, teachers, students?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2008, 05:04 PM

1,018 posts, read 4,108,675 times
(It's Wedgwood, without the 'E.' Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine.)

I'd be interested in hearing about this too. I went to school there and had no problems outside the typical middle school experience. I have heard the area has "gone downhill" but know no specifics.

Old 01-25-2008, 07:24 AM

2 posts, read 8,838 times
When did you attend?

Old 01-25-2008, 11:00 AM

1,018 posts, read 4,108,675 times
Late 1980s.

Old 09-15-2008, 06:22 PM

1 posts, read 4,125 times
WHAT IS THE FOOT BALL SCHEDULE FOR THIS WEEK, GRADE 7- B- TEAM, Thank You, Diane

Old 10-07-2008, 04:17 PM

1 posts, read 4,014 times
Default not a chance

the school does not enforce dress code and even allow kids out of dress code to harass other kids following dress code. The coaches seem to allow and even condone bad behavior from football players. When I was in school the coaches didn't play with kids. If you acted up at school got in fights, gave teacher problems any of that stuff they were not allowed to continue sports. however at Wedgwood this is not the case. The kids even get away with yelling at the coaches and still are on the team. As I was picking my kids up today I saw in front of the coach, a very large kid shoving and dragging another kid around. Not a word was said. It is like a bad joke. I even called and talk to the coach. I went to the school I talk to both "vice principles" and NOTHING was done. The school going bad falls square on the administrators heads. The only reason I have not changed schools is because of the band and the great benefit I think it gives my child. However, I am beginning to doubt it is worth it. my son has a medical problem and students are allowed to openly, in advanced academic classes, to make fun of my child. Advanced classes are also a privilege, as is sports, and code of conduct should be enforced. There are too many fights, too many bullies, too many kids with the underwear showing, too many kids with shirts 10x to big. NO ENFORCEMENT

Old 10-11-2008, 06:21 AM

7 posts, read 38,154 times
Hello, my daughter goes to wedgwood middle school and she doesn't like it at all.Just yesterday when i went to pick her up she was telling me that someone girl had threw water at her and when she(my daughter ) got up to tell her to stop the sub.teacher yelled her and not the other girl.And then she had her lock stolen at p.e. and she told the coach but of course she didn't say anything about it either and now my daughter has to put her clothes somewhere else.My daughter has told me many time to transfer her to another school.But what can i do about that?Nothing.Trying to talk to any administrators is a waste of time specially when they can't or won't do anything about it .What i tell my daughter is they push you push back i know it's wrong to tell her that But there's not any kind of enforcement, you have to protect your kids.

Old 10-21-2008, 10:36 PM

20 posts, read 80,855 times
I went there and it's not a good school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth