Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 01:11 PM

26 posts, read 26,354 times

Advertisements

There are many areas of Arlington south of I-30 that are nice. Not fancy or upscale, but nice. We live in a three bedroom/two bath in 76014. It's a nice middle class neighborhood. The schools are quite good, and we pay 1225.00 a month. So it's not impossible. Yeah, as I drive around, I see areas that are a little rough. The only area I've seen so far that really look like they should be avoided, are the far east side that runs right along 360.

I've seen a few house for rent in my neighborhood. I'll wager they are of similar size, and for similar rent.

Yeah, Burleson is pretty cool too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2016, 12:56 PM

6 posts, read 8,535 times
Default Arlington Move

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfWifeMovingSucks View Post
Hi! We will be moving to Arlington in 5 months & I need as much info as possible since we have never even been to Texas! Most importantly, I am looking for a family friendly, safe area to live. But since ive heard that traffic is horrible we would like to live as close as possible to my husbands job (on Matlock Rd, right across from Vandergriff Park) I have read other forums and learned that the best area would be the SW or NW of Arlington but im not sure which area would be best as far as traffic and my husbands commute. Also, a Great school distric is very important. We have one child going into 2nd grade and another that will be starting K while we are there. We will only be here for 3-4 years so High school is not an issue for us.
We will be renting a house and our budget is $1500/month max. ideally we would like a 4 bedroom and we have 2 dogs so pet friendly is a must.
Any other info would be great appreciated!

Thanks!
I would suggest Mansfield (which is to the south) or Hurst, Euless, Bedford (north of 820). It will be a bit more difficult to find something in the $1,500 budget unfortunately. That has rapidly changed in the last 2-3 years due to the housing shortage. $1,500 used to get you more. We are in a sellers market, and rent prices have shot up! But, you WILL find something, just prepare to jump on something you like immediately. The good one's go quickly, and if you are moving in the spring/summer (which it sounds like you are) it is prime- time for moving, and you will be in competition. A great property at a good price could be gone in 24 hours so don't wait. Once you find the areas you want to move to, be aggressive about jumping on it.

There will be less competition in Mansfield compared to HEB. Another poster recommended Burleson. I would recommend that also.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions.

Old 01-19-2016, 09:23 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,546,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodOleChinWag View Post
I would suggest Mansfield (which is to the south) or Hurst, Euless, Bedford (north of 820). It will be a bit more difficult to find something in the $1,500 budget unfortunately. That has rapidly changed in the last 2-3 years due to the housing shortage. $1,500 used to get you more. We are in a sellers market, and rent prices have shot up! But, you WILL find something, just prepare to jump on something you like immediately. The good one's go quickly, and if you are moving in the spring/summer (which it sounds like you are) it is prime- time for moving, and you will be in competition. A great property at a good price could be gone in 24 hours so don't wait. Once you find the areas you want to move to, be aggressive about jumping on it.

There will be less competition in Mansfield compared to HEB. Another poster recommended Burleson. I would recommend that also.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions.
The fact that there will be less competition in Mansfield and Burleson should tell you what you need to know about commuting and schools. I've never been a fan of either area.

Old 01-20-2016, 06:45 PM

11 posts, read 11,751 times
Burleson is the best by far in my opinion. Plus, you're starting to get closer to some nice wooded areas with topography. Schools are all above average.

Old 01-20-2016, 10:27 PM

92 posts, read 117,290 times
I just wanted to pop in and say HI!
welcome to Texas.

Am I guessing that you are an Air Force wife? If so - welcome from a Navy Wife!

Old 01-25-2016, 09:12 AM

776 posts, read 1,069,156 times
I lived in Arlington and loved it! I lived in Fannin Farm just off S.Cooper 76001 gets you the Mansfield schools. which were very good to our boys. We had also lived in Mansfield before that down off country club road and Hillary trail. I also agree with 76016 and 76012 both great areas but try stay closer in. I can't give examples and would only be passing along what ice heard, but I've been told that the Pirate Cove or Pirate Bay Area right by the water is a tough area. We drove through it, even looked at some homes and I don't think it was bad, just not as well kept. But you shouldn't have any troubles finding something in you r price range anywhere in arlington except in Dalworthington Gardens or right on the water.

Old 01-31-2016, 07:58 AM

20 posts, read 65,922 times
What is considered Old Mansfield?

Old 01-31-2016, 08:09 AM

8,233 posts, read 8,458,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drick37 View Post
What is considered Old Mansfield?
I sent you a direct message with suggestions for how to search using a local DFW website that lets you specific by schools.

Old 01-31-2016, 12:14 PM

382 posts, read 425,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Movingeast View Post
The fact that there will be less competition in Mansfield and Burleson should tell you what you need to know about commuting and schools. I've never been a fan of either area.
What a helpful comment! Thanks!

Old 02-01-2016, 07:47 AM

7 posts, read 10,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldKlas View Post
I sent you a direct message with suggestions for how to search using a local DFW website that lets you specific by schools.
Hi, I didn't receive a direct message? I would love to check out that website
thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth