Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2008, 04:55 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,928,786 times

Advertisements

ABC News

1. Salt Lake, UT
2. Wichita, KS
3. Austin, TX
4. Atlanta, GA
5. Fort Worth, TX

ABC News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2008, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
ABC News

1. Salt Lake, UT
2. Wichita, KS
3. Austin, TX
4. Atlanta, GA
5. Fort Worth, TX

ABC News
Can anyone explain why posts are removed for the reason of crossed posted. I postewd this in the Dallas, Austin, Fort Worth, and Orange County forums and they were removed from Dallas and Orange Couty but left on Fort Worth and Austin. Just curious.

Old 03-12-2008, 06:48 PM

338 posts, read 1,368,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
Can anyone explain why posts are removed for the reason of crossed posted. I postewd this in the Dallas, Austin, Fort Worth, and Orange County forums and they were removed from Dallas and Orange Couty but left on Fort Worth and Austin. Just curious.
It's one of the forum rules: no cross-posting. It makes sense. Someone can actually do a search for "Dallas" and find it in the other sections, so it makes only sense to post it in one section. Also, if you post in several sections, then the replies would also be scattered, so it makes more sense that all the posts for a topic are in one section. Hope that helps!

Old 03-12-2008, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustT&Me View Post
It's one of the forum rules: no cross-posting. It makes sense. Someone can actually do a search for "Dallas" and find it in the other sections, so it makes only sense to post it in one section. Also, if you post in several sections, then the replies would also be scattered, so it makes more sense that all the posts for a topic are in one section. Hope that helps!
Thanks, if it was removed from every one but Fort Worth forum I would have understood. Since it was kept on Austin and Fort Worth, 2 of the top 5 it just seemed weird. It is the conspiracy aspect left over from my Hippie days I guess.

Thanks again for the explanation!

Old 03-13-2008, 09:24 AM

3,041 posts, read 11,884,555 times
yay...ft worth.
I am impressed with all the new building going on in both downtown ft worth and dallas. Lets hope they can fill them up, nothing is sadder than huge empty office bldgs!

Old 03-13-2008, 12:14 PM

293 posts, read 849,689 times
Are most of the jobs there actually good jobs? I used to live in Fort Worth for 8 years and moved back home to Michigan. If you've heard anything you probably know how bad our job market is up here. I keep hearing that the economy is bad everywhere and that the only job growth is in low-paying or part-time work, but am wondering if FW is doing better than that.

I'm wanting to return to FW and have been sending lots of resumes, but so far I'm not hearing back from anyone. I'm not sure if it's because of the distance, but can't move without a job lined up...

Old 03-13-2008, 02:07 PM

119 posts, read 514,085 times
it is definately bustling here in ft. worth. don't give up wanderer74. keep attacking as soon one might be knocking.

Old 03-14-2008, 09:39 PM

156 posts, read 609,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer74 View Post
Are most of the jobs there actually good jobs? I used to live in Fort Worth for 8 years and moved back home to Michigan. If you've heard anything you probably know how bad our job market is up here. I keep hearing that the economy is bad everywhere and that the only job growth is in low-paying or part-time work, but am wondering if FW is doing better than that.

I'm wanting to return to FW and have been sending lots of resumes, but so far I'm not hearing back from anyone. I'm not sure if it's because of the distance, but can't move without a job lined up...

In a way, you sound just a tad like me. I've been contemplating FW and, as a west coaster now I think I'll go for it. Also, have you tried the "employment" forum section? Many there share their angst (and I have) about job-hunting. When I, last year, sent resumes to FW I heard the same line, we can't do anything with this [resume] until you're actually here". Well, that's nice they know how to be sensible. (Guess I'll applaud that.) But I can't be "actually here" if I can't get an apartment "actually there" without a job lined up "actually"!
Then, there are the other viewpoints that you SHOULDN'T try to get work first b/c, afterall, don't you want to see people face-to-face? Well. Um. Yah.
Honestly, it does feel, doesn't it, so many times that there actually are JUST two food groups of humans? There are the ones who have the jobs and dangle them over society like a carrot and who never struggle to make ends meet. Then, there are the employees who feel like or are slaves and that's still not good enough. That's just me bla-bla-bloggin' again.

Hope you run into greener pastures in your search.
I'm about to start mine again - - -

Old 03-15-2008, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah30:18 View Post
In a way, you sound just a tad like me. I've been contemplating FW and, as a west coaster now I think I'll go for it. Also, have you tried the "employment" forum section? Many there share their angst (and I have) about job-hunting. When I, last year, sent resumes to FW I heard the same line, we can't do anything with this [resume] until you're actually here". Well, that's nice they know how to be sensible. (Guess I'll applaud that.) But I can't be "actually here" if I can't get an apartment "actually there" without a job lined up "actually"!
Then, there are the other viewpoints that you SHOULDN'T try to get work first b/c, afterall, don't you want to see people face-to-face? Well. Um. Yah.
Honestly, it does feel, doesn't it, so many times that there actually are JUST two food groups of humans? There are the ones who have the jobs and dangle them over society like a carrot and who never struggle to make ends meet. Then, there are the employees who feel like or are slaves and that's still not good enough. That's just me bla-bla-bloggin' again.

Hope you run into greener pastures in your search.
I'm about to start mine again - - -
The job market does look good in Fort Worth but it is tough to crack. I have not found work yet (Jan.08) I went through the same struggle. Do I wait until I find work or move out in step of faith? People told me the same thing that you need a TX address first anyone will consider hiring you. We moved and thank God we have plenty equity from our sale in CA to get us by. It gets discouraging so be prepared.

Isaiah 40:31
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth