Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2018, 07:26 PM

26 posts, read 29,081 times

Advertisements

What are the best middle upper class neighborhoods in Ft. Worth/Grapevine?

Is it easy to get to downtown Dallas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2018, 07:39 PM

8,144 posts, read 8,338,067 times
Fort Worth and Grapevine are both in Tarrant Country. Some parts of Fort Worth border Grapevine, Arlington, and other suburbs. It takes about 45 to drive from Grapevine to Downtown Dallas.

Old 08-01-2018, 07:58 AM

11,853 posts, read 26,858,186 times
The entire town of Grapevine is mostly upper middle class. The only way Grapevine would work for a long-term commute to downtown Dallas would be if you were willing to take the TRE train. You would drive south on 360 to the Centreport Station, and then the train is about 30 minutes into downtown. As stated earlier, the drive would be about 45 minutes on 114. If you need more info on Grapevine, let me know. I've lived here since 2002.

Fort Worth isn't a reasonable commute to downtown Dallas. There are people who do it, but it's usually because they have personal situations that require them to live in Fort Worth. The drive is about an hour each way in traffic, and it's worse if there is a Rangers/Cowboys game since I-30 runs right by both stadiums, or bad weather. It will also put a lot of wear and tear on your car, and waste a lot of time that could be spent with your family.

Old 08-01-2018, 05:42 PM

34 posts, read 34,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
The entire town of Grapevine is mostly upper middle class. The only way Grapevine would work for a long-term commute to downtown Dallas would be if you were willing to take the TRE train. You would drive south on 360 to the Centreport Station, and then the train is about 30 minutes into downtown. As stated earlier, the drive would be about 45 minutes on 114. If you need more info on Grapevine, let me know. I've lived here since 2002.

Fort Worth isn't a reasonable commute to downtown Dallas. There are people who do it, but it's usually because they have personal situations that require them to live in Fort Worth. The drive is about an hour each way in traffic, and it's worse if there is a Rangers/Cowboys game since I-30 runs right by both stadiums, or bad weather. It will also put a lot of wear and tear on your car, and waste a lot of time that could be spent with your family.
Lived there all that time and didn't even tell them about the Dart that's being built on Main St..... You gotta step up your Gvine expertise, you're off your game lol.

Old 08-01-2018, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEBres21 View Post
Lived there all that time and didn't even tell them about the Dart that's being built on Main St..... You gotta step up your Gvine expertise, you're off your game lol.
DART isnt coming to Main Street. That’s the TexRail to downtown Fort Worth. DART is only at DFW Airport. The TexRail will connect to it, but the trip to downtown Dallas will take a lot longer than going to Centreport and riding the TRE.

Old 08-02-2018, 11:56 AM

1,020 posts, read 1,313,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
Fort Worth isn't a reasonable commute to downtown Dallas. There are people who do it, but it's usually because they have personal situations that require them to live in Fort Worth.
That's a personal preference, not a fact. It's obviously tolerable to a lot of people or the traffic going that direction wouldn't be what it is. That assertion is very much along the lines of "nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded."

Old 08-02-2018, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbb303 View Post
That's a personal preference, not a fact. It's obviously tolerable to a lot of people or the traffic going that direction wouldn't be what it is. That assertion is very much along the lines of "nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded."
The OP has posted questions about a bunch of different DFW suburbs and is clearly using the "shotgun approach" to getting information. They are clearly unfamiliar with our area.
Would you prefer that I had said, "For the vast majority of people, Fort Worth isn't a reasonable commute to Dallas? I didn't say it was impossible. For most people, a 1+ hour daily commute isn't reasonable.
Eastbound traffic on I-30 isn't just from Fort Worth. There are a lot of other cities in between that contribute to the traffic, as well as people from Fort Worth who drive to Arlington, etc.

Old 08-02-2018, 02:50 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,313,821 times
What's your basis for saying it isn't reasonable when so many people are clearly doing it? What measuring device are you using to determine that those people are miserable? I've found on this forum over the years that people declaring this commute or that commute are horrible or unreasonable are out of touch and think that bad traffic is having to wait at a red light on their trip between their house and Starbucks.

For that matter, what is a reasonable commute? If 1 hour is too long, is 30 minutes that much of a difference? I've been driving to the west side of downtown Fort Worth from Bedford for 20 years and my commute has varied from 30 minutes to 1 hour depending on the day and the construction activity in between. I rarely pay attention to the difference in the time it takes. Traffic is all over this area. Unless you live across the street from where you work, a 30 minute commute is a given. It's not unusual for me to spend 25 minutes driving from Bedford to Southlake for one of my kid's extra curricular activity.

I think people are better conditioned and accustomed to long commutes and dealing with traffic than we give them credit for, especially people who move here from areas that have much worse traffic than this area. Having spent time in Orlando, Houston, and Southern California recently, I'm amused when hearing people describe our traffic or commutes as being unreasonable.

Old 08-02-2018, 10:05 PM

2,510 posts, read 2,211,278 times
Just because you can do a long commute doesn't mean you should. I have done horrible commutes across the Metroplex and I found that it really wore me out and degraded my quality of life. Now that I have children I'd rather spend my time with them in the evening than in the car driving home to see them. Right now my husband has a terrible commute that keeps getting worse and worse. Because of that our home is on the market so we can move closer to his office.

Old 08-03-2018, 07:49 AM

8,144 posts, read 8,338,067 times
OP, also check out Colleyville and Southlake — same time commute as Grapevine and each place is great but has different advantages...they all have good schools. Southlake and Colleyville have more upscale neighborhood. Colleyville a bit better value for money than Southlake but more upscale neighborhoods than Grapevine. Southlake has better shopping. Grapevine is great for proximity to lake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth