Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2006, 12:07 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,908,523 times

Advertisements

I've looked at the Fort Worth Forum several times. They have plenty of suggestions of what our downtown area needs. I would love to see more projecets in downtown to match the city's true size. Don't get me wrong when I say that our downtown isn't all that. I love Sundance Square and the events that come through the area. I just believe that the 19th largest city in America needs a larger downtown with more stuff, ya know? The Trinity River Vision, a 30 story tower, residential development, and redevelopment of the old Tandy Center are just some of the current plans for Fort Worth now. My suggestions:
Since the Trinity River Vision is planned, downtown will expand, creating an uptown. I think there should be more high rise residential complexes in this area.
More (taller) Skyscrapers. We haven't had a building over 40 stories built in this city in about 20 years, so the skyline is virtually the same. There are plenty of spaces for skyscrapers, without having to knock down some of our older buildings. As a matter of fact, a 50 story tower was supposed to go up where the now demolished Texas Building stood, but those plans were scraped and now its going to be a parking lot.
More activity. A (succsessful) mall, streetcars/cable cars, sports recreation, night clubs...
Move city hall. We probably have the most plain-looking city hall in the country. Move it to the old post office and turn the current city hall site into space for a skyscraper or something.
Finally, some kind of Boardwalk or River walk along the Trinity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth