Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2009, 03:21 PM

307 posts, read 1,181,504 times

Advertisements

There's a neighborhood between Industrial/Harwood/Main/183. Seems to be older than most neighborhoods north of 183, but pretty well kept. Does anyone know much about this area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2009, 07:37 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
north or south of Harwood

Old 01-24-2009, 08:47 PM

I was speaking of the area south. Is the area north of Harwood the same type of homes?

Old 01-25-2009, 09:04 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
when I look at MLS map there are three homes in the area you are describing

but they are in different neighborhoods--I guess I don't know what you are referring to

normally most people feel the area north of Harwood is better than south and Bedford is better than Euless
but price is not the same in the two cities nor n/s of Harwood

Old 03-28-2009, 12:19 PM

5 posts, read 18,802 times
Yeah, that's the Midway Park area in Euless. What would you like to know about the area?

Old 03-28-2009, 01:25 PM

Just curious if it's nice or has any issues.

Old 03-28-2009, 03:28 PM

5 posts, read 18,802 times
It's really hit and miss because some of the houses are quite a bit older than others. The houses closest to Harwood Rd and Industrial Blvd are newer than the houses closest to Main St and 183. The older homes are mostly 3 bedroom 1 bath, 1 car garage. These houses were built when having a concrete slab floor in the garage was an upgrade option, so some of them may still have dirt or gravel floors in the garage.

If you drive up and down the streets, you can usually tell real quick if it's a street you would want to live on. Some of the houses are very well kept and the yards are maintained beautifully. On other streets, you'll see houses that have been needing a fresh coat of paint for 10 years or so, and some have cars parked in the yard. Because of the 1 car garage and smaller driveways, most of the streets in the older part of the neighborhood have a bunch of cars parked in the street. These houses were built when the average family had one vehicle, and the driveways dont really allow much more than that, especially if you're looking at a house with a garage conversion, which is pretty common in this neighborhood.

If you go north of Midway Park Rd, towards Industrial Blvd, you'll find the newer houses mostly have 2 car garages and 3 bedroom 2 bath arrangements. Because of the age of the neighborhood, it's not too hard to find some houses that have had some large additions that could increase the bedroom count or give you a lot of additional living space.

In the older part of the neighborhood, the kids go to either Midway Elementary or North Euless Elementary, and then to Euless Junior High and Trinity High School, which has a class 5A championship football team. In the newer section of this area, the kids go to North Euless Elementary, Harwood Jr High and Trinity High School. Given preference, I would do without a lot of things for myself to make sure that my kids went to Harwood Jr High instead of Euless Jr High. I attended school at both of them back in the 1980's, and there was a pretty serious problem with drugs at Euless Jr High. Not just you're typical stoner crowd, the jocks and preppies were frequent drug users also. It may be different now, but my bias still stands.

If you're looking at the older part of the neighborhood or the newer part, the lots will be large for the most part, i would say around 1/3 acre or larger, depending.

The neighborhood is extremely diverse, culturally speaking. You're just as likely to find yourself living next to Hispanics, Pacific Islanders, Asians, African Americans, Caucasians, and Arabs. It can be a great neighborhood to raise a family as long as you have neighbors who own and take care of their property. I think a lot of the less well cared for homes are rental properties.

If there was something else you wanted to know, just ask. I'll answer to the best of my ability.

Old 03-28-2009, 05:11 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,978,392 times
But keep in mind it's Euless...It's a an older less affluent neighborhood of Euless. Euless is tame compared to problems found in Arlington, Irving, etc.

If I was buying homes in that price range Euless would be a great place.

Old 03-30-2009, 02:45 AM

That's pretty informative, thank you. It's a curious neighborhood as some parts of it seem older than those surrounding it. I guess it was one of the earlier neighborhoods in Euless north of 183, but it seems pretty well kept for the most part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth