Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 11:17 AM

328 posts, read 471,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Even if it does become largest.... and has the better amenities (art, culture, food, etc.).... and becomes more economically important.... Don't expect that to get you recognition or respect on a national or even state level. Especially in anything pop culture, but also otherwise. Just look at Houston.
How true, and funny. Houston is the Rodney Dangerfield of US cities.

"We're #4"! -- unofficial motto of H Town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2012, 06:11 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,908,523 times
Really, I could care less about Fort Worth being bigger.

As far as name recognition goes, it's not like Fort Worth could NEVER have at least the same amount of popularity in this country as our neigbor to the east. But it would take sooooooooooooooooooooo much for that to happen.

Old 08-10-2012, 10:00 PM

744 posts, read 1,847,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Its well known that the city of Dallas is falling on hard times with much of its affluent corporate and individual citizens leaving for the suburbs.
And symbolically, but still very important to the state of TX, both the Cotton Bowl and the Cowboys are moving to the new stadium in the Ft.Worth-Arlington area.
And with virtually all of N.Texas's most important infrastructure component, DFW Airport, lying within its city limits and not in the limits of Dallas, Ft. Worth may rapidly be coming the top municipality of N.Texas ?
DFW Airport is not in Fort Worth at all. It lies in both Dallas and Tarrant counties and has its own postal address. It is almost like a whole other city.

Arlington is a part of the greater Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex. The Cowboys name still says Dallas. In fact, the Cowboys were never in Dallas to begin with, the team has been in the suburbs since the early 1970s. The Cowboys did not move to Arlington to become a Fort Worth team, the TEXAS Rangers have been out there for years.

Dallas is also not falling on hard times, building is happening in town all of the time, and it is not losing much.

Old 08-13-2012, 09:37 PM

114 posts, read 200,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Fort Worth is growing fast, but not that fast! I've heard that it will catch up to Dallas by 2030 in population because it's growing faster and has more room to grow. The traffic is getting worse every year too.
I'm not kidding I have a friend from Lubbock who has. Never seen traffic before, they came to Ft Worth,and when we were driving my friend asked "Why is everyone parking in the street" my reaction was ...? Apperantly they've never seen traffic!

Old 08-14-2012, 08:36 PM

437 posts, read 925,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fort Worthian View Post
I'm not kidding I have a friend from Lubbock who has. Never seen traffic before, they came to Ft Worth,and when we were driving my friend asked "Why is everyone parking in the street" my reaction was ...? Apperantly they've never seen traffic!

That is true and one thing I LOVE about Lubbock! The city is well laid out and, although the population is over 230,000, rarely are there any traffic issues.

Old 08-14-2012, 10:41 PM

3,842 posts, read 8,270,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by casimpso View Post
How true, and funny. Houston is the Rodney Dangerfield of US cities.

"We're #4"! -- unofficial motto of H Town.
I decade ago I would have agreed with you. But just a tiny sample of recent developments:

Houston Tops Our List Of America's Coolest Cities - Forbes

Kiplinger.com

By the way, I love Ft Worth, and hate Dallas. Ft Worth has an awesome arts district and a fantastic downtown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth