Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 01:02 PM
Ovl Ovl started this thread

9 posts, read 23,795 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone! My husband is being transferred to Lockheed soon and we are searching for a home to rent in the ft worth area. We are planning a visit soon but it's been so stressful searching online for a good location! I've found some homes for about $800-$1000 rent that look very nice, 3 bdrms and newer. A lot of them are located in the saginaw or white settlement area. How is this area? Is it safe, good schools? I've just done soo much searching and am scared with all the unsafe areas people talk about and differing views. And we are coming from new orleans! lol Well a suburb yet I've never felt very unsafe anywhere around here yet I don't venture out in the middle of the night So anyway, any info you may have would help so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2010, 04:02 PM

1,379 posts, read 6,425,635 times
I have a friend that works at Lockheed and lives in North Fort Worth right on the line of Saginaw and Fort Worth. It is a good commute for them. There is Remington Point and a few others over in that direction that you should be able to find a nice reasonable rental.

Old 04-09-2010, 07:35 PM

Thanks for the reply! I actually found a house I really liked in Remington point! Is that a nice, safe neighborhood? All of the houses I found are in similar looking neighborhoods. How far is the commute? Any good areas with similar housing that you know of..or any to avoid?

Old 04-09-2010, 07:41 PM

I can ask but I am thinking no more than 20 minutes. You would go west on 820 and merge on to 30 going east and then get off two exits. It seems like a lot of people that work at Carswell or Lockheed live in the neighborhood so it tends to be diverse from what I understand.

Old 04-09-2010, 08:52 PM

Thanks! What do you think about the area near blue haze elementary school..not far from chapel creek and white settlement rd?

Old 04-09-2010, 11:58 PM

99 posts, read 245,246 times
I'm not familiar with the Blue Haze Elementary School, but we have lived in the North Fort Worth subdivision called Chisholm Ridge for 6 years. Saginaw is just around the corner, so to speak, and we shop there for groceries all the time. I think you'd be safe in sleepy Saginaw day or night!

Old 04-10-2010, 09:02 AM

150 posts, read 418,434 times
I'm very familiar with Remington Point area and that particular school. LOOOOVE the school, best one we've had experience with in Saginaw. Have several friends who live in Remington Point and it's a very family friendly area...lots of families and kids outside in the evening or at the community pool. I don't have personal experience living there, we are on the other side of town, but from what I've heard, it's a nice and affordable place to live. And can't beat the location from 820!!!

Old 04-11-2010, 08:16 PM

Thanks for the info! Does anyone know about this area..the home is on westward dr at las vegas trail. I've read in some places that las vegas trail isn't a very good area. What do you think about this home/location? Actually, on the website it says westward dr at las vegas trail but when I search the map..the only one that comes up is off chapel creek and westpoint blvd, hmm.

I've also found some new construction homes in this area..raleigh at mccart ave, says it's in Fort Worth but with the crowley school district. School district is important but my daughter isn't even 2 yet so I don't doubt that we'll move before she starts kindergarten. Of most importance to us is a safe area! Here's a map of where these homes are..
http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&lat=32....0worth%2C%20TX

Thanks so much for everyone's help! I feel so lost looking for the right area. I've contacted a realtor and hopefully they'll call me tomorrow and we can finally go look for ourselves in the next few weeks!

Last edited by Ovl; 04-11-2010 at 08:29 PM.. Reason: correction

Old 04-12-2010, 05:53 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,950,040 times
I looked on google maps and westward drive doesn't connect to las vegas trail. westward drive is outside of 820. Westward drive is the circled part on the left, with las vegas trail (inside 820) is on the right. I do not recommend living on las vegas trail. However, I do recommend Saginaw - very nice and safe area!

Last edited by buzzpost; 04-12-2010 at 06:24 AM..

Old 04-12-2010, 10:10 AM

I wouldn't recommend the area around Las Vegas Trail. Also, check the City of Fort Worth, I am pretty sure they have crime mapping on their website.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth