Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Frederick
 [Register]
Frederick Frederick County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2014, 06:50 PM

2 posts, read 3,357 times

Advertisements

Hi all!
I've been reading on the city-data forums as we get ready for a move to Frederick, MD. Two neighborhoods we're interested in are Tasker's Chance and Monocacy Landing. We're looking for a single-family home for my husband and I and our new little baby We are hoping to stay in Frederick long-term and raise our family here, so good school districts are important to us, as well as a family-friendly, safe community. I've looked into the schools- Walkersville schools for Monocacy Landing and Lincoln Elem + Frederick High for Tasker's Chance. It looks like Walkersville schools are rated more highly than the Lincoln/ Frederick High schools. Does anyone have personal experience with these neighborhoods and schools? Is there a big difference between the two neighborhoods, or a big difference in the quality of education at the schools?
Thanks in advance for any feedback you can give!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2014, 07:38 AM

148 posts, read 369,813 times
I think most people refer to Monocacy Landing as Dearbought... I'm not sure what the difference is between the two, unless one refers to the single-family section and the other to the townhouse section. But whatever it's called, that would be my choice over Tasker's Chance. Tasker's Chance seems like a nice enough neighborhood, but it borders on some sketchier areas along Key Parkway. Not bad when compared to bigger cities, just not great for Frederick. I think Walkersville schools would be better, too. Tasker's Chance is closer in, and may be easier to get around since you won't have to sit on Rt. 15 and the mess out on Rt. 26. I used to live in Tuscarora Knolls, which is sort of across 26 from Dearbought and I like that area, but the traffic flow can be a problem.

Old 06-05-2014, 03:40 PM

5,114 posts, read 6,092,097 times
I'm not sure if you are limiting your options to just those two areas or if those are just the first ones you are looking at. While I have said before that all the Frederick Schools are good or better some feeder areas do better than others. I would consider the Middletown feeder area. If you are looking inside of any of the municipalities remember that there will be municipal taxes on top of the county ones. When I lived in Frederick I found the city taxes to be a little steep compared to a similar house in the county. Whether you find the extra services you receive for city or town taxes worth the extra cost is for you to decide.

Old 07-03-2014, 02:53 PM

39 posts, read 58,655 times
It may be useful to know, I currently live in Taskers Chance. Because it is very affordable. If you would like the help, I happen to be a Realtor, and could provide you with a wealth of knowledge regarding the neighborhoods. I work with not only buyers and sellers, but also renters. Feel free to PM me or email me at eric.mc@kw.com if you would like more assistance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Frederick