Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 03:42 PM

8,953 posts, read 20,733,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightyellowhaha View Post
Hi Everyone,

In the next couple of months I will be able to get out of my contract without any penalty. My current carrier is AT&T and i have an iPhone with a data plan and pay $125 per month. I would of course like to slash that monthly bill in half if possible but I would like to keep my current # and keep my iPhone. Are there any options for me? Could I do a prepaid and still keep my # and phone?

Thanks a million!
First don't walk away from AT&T..........RUN!!!

Next, check out all the local carriers for a plan that will use your iphone. All cell companies will tell you that you gotta buy a new phone or go under contract which is all BS once you own your own compatible phone. As long as you own a phone with the right system (CDMA or gsm) {AT&T is gsm} then your phone will work on a new carriers system that is gsm.

When you negotiate with a cell carrier it pays to be hard nosed and demand a good deal that you understand clearly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2012, 11:48 AM

82 posts, read 414,211 times
Thanks everyone again for the input! When I'm able to get out of my contract with AT&T I will look into Metro PCS and Sprint and see what sort of deal I can get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living