Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 08:41 PM

1 posts, read 2,973 times

Advertisements

I'm in Oklahoma and have found the strange white rubber egg shaped mystery in my flower bed. There was one on a rock that borders the flower bed. I found another one today. As I explored more there is a nest like pile. Maybe 8-10 each. I opened the largest one......a bit spooky and gross. It had like a bone type thing inside with Orange brownish matter between the bone.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2015, 08:49 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,069,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brtswr52 View Post
I'm in Oklahoma and have found the strange white rubber egg shaped mystery in my flower bed. There was one on a rock that borders the flower bed. I found another one today. As I explored more there is a nest like pile. Maybe 8-10 each. I opened the largest one......a bit spooky and gross. It had like a bone type thing inside with Orange brownish matter between the bone.......
I suspect turtle eggs. You have quite a few box turtles in OK and that sounds like their eggs.

Old 06-14-2015, 02:57 PM

1 posts, read 2,841 times
Are these white egg shaped things stinkhorns? I have found lots of them in my flower bed and wanted to know how to get rid of them and what are they? Are they Poisonous? Where did they come from? Can anyone help me?

Old 02-26-2017, 10:57 AM

2 posts, read 3,373 times
Hello,
Found four or more eggs when digging up around my vegie garden fence. The eggs are slightly rubbery or squashy, pure white, size similar to a U.S. penny or dime or slightly smaller and isolated from each other. I was considering the eggs to be either lizard, garden snake, or insect (spider), as I live in the South East of the U.S in a mountainous rural area. I have also see two mixed (brown and green with spikes) colored lizards running around in the garden during the past few spring seasons. Could anyone help me identify as to what these egg sakes could be. Thanks

Old 05-19-2017, 07:06 AM

1 posts, read 2,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KassJas View Post
Did you find out what these were. I found the exact same thing today. The orange tube is what makes me say the exact same thing. Thanks!
I have them in my mulch as well. I found them last evening down in the mulch and there were probably 30 of them. They are disgusting. I don't know if this is coincidental but my rhododendrons are dying and I don't know if this is related. If anyone has answers, please let me know. I don't live in a tropical area - east coast, Maryland so it wouldn't be anything related to a tropical scenario. HELP!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden