Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2008, 04:27 AM

116 posts, read 436,861 times

Advertisements

I want to leave dry dusty Arizona this coming Easter Weekend to visit a place in full spring greenery. I want to see the Southeast at its most beautiful Spring Weekend. I want azaleas, fresh green leaves, dogwoods and green grass. Where can I visit this weekend outside of Florida where spring has FULLY sprung?
I went down south once in March and the flowers were out, grass was green but the trees were still a winter brown. I told my self next time I would go later when the trees were green to. So, please tell me about the trees!

Last edited by politically_correct; 03-17-2008 at 05:42 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2008, 05:08 AM

4,176 posts, read 10,689,689 times
South Carolina.
The Daffodils are bustin out all over, the Azaleas are in bloom (just started) and the wisteria is starting to come out. Charleston, SC, and Summerville - AKA Flowertown! - and the surrounding plantations are beautiful right now. At Cypress Gardens you can even take a boat tour. It is still cool so not a whole lot of alligators or snakes are moving yet.

Isn't that funny - I'm going up to SD/ND/NE this Easter weekend!

Old 03-17-2008, 11:54 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,462,852 times
Florida.

I'm in the NorthEastern most part of Florida and we have flowering trees blooming and new growth on all the decidious trees...winter's over!

Oops! I just read that you said "outside of Florida"......well, some people DO consider Jacksonville to be Georgia, at least in spirit!

Old 03-18-2008, 07:30 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,216,069 times
The trees are just ready to leaf out and the flowering trees to bloom here in Tennessee. In a couple of weeks it will really start to seems like springtime. My Bradford pear is already partially covered in white blossoms, but it's always a little earlier than the other trees. It won't quite be quite be green here by Easter weekend.

Old 03-18-2008, 07:38 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
Tulip poplars have already come and gone in Birmingham. Lots of flowering trees, along with the confederate jasmine. Trees are beginning to leaf out. Daffodils and flowers are beginning to show, too. I think, in another week, things will begin to be pretty glorious. However, Easter is coming waaaay early this year.

Old 03-18-2008, 07:47 PM

2 posts, read 10,677 times
Well here in North Texas it has been raining all day, my peach and plum trees are blooming, but no flowers as yet. No green grass either.. Just too early.. Only thing close to a flower is my Carolina Jasmine and it is covered with yellow flowers...The weather has been typical Texas, warm one day and cold the next, so the trees and flowers just don't know what to do...Well one of these days soon, everything will be blooming and the grass will be green and then it is cut, water,weed, etc...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden