Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2019, 02:42 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,507,892 times

Advertisements

These stories are outrageous. That's why I believe in good, tall fences in the back. For the front, only plant things you don't mind losing. Also, have security cameras.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2019, 02:59 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,382,658 times
It's theft and you can report it to the police.

She knows what those plants are and she can purchase the bulbs herself if she wants to. Good grief.

Old 03-23-2019, 03:06 PM

48 posts, read 29,370 times
Theft is theft. I understand you do not want to be the bad neighbor by calling the police, but that is what I would do if I saw some one helping themselves to my landscaping which is real property. And if the police laughed it off, I would contact the mayor and remind her/him who votes.

Old 03-23-2019, 03:39 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,086,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
These stories are outrageous. That's why I believe in good, tall fences in the back. For the front, only plant things you don't mind losing. Also, have security cameras.

And may I add a damn bad german shepherd . The minute she put her hand over the fence my dog would have had her and bitten her bad . I have 5 dogs so I guess that is why nothing ever disappears from my house or my adjoining neighbors houses .

Old 03-23-2019, 03:41 PM

5,401 posts, read 6,531,949 times
You were nicer than I would have been.

Is this an area that you could put a motion detector sprinkler in? They work for blasting dogs & cats that want to frequent flower beds.

Old 03-23-2019, 05:28 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,507,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddyW View Post
Theft is theft. I understand you do not want to be the bad neighbor by calling the police, but that is what I would do if I saw some one helping themselves to my landscaping which is real property. And if the police laughed it off, I would contact the mayor and remind her/him who votes.
I agree. If you have some proof, or could just send the police in the right direction, I would also call the police and report it.

This is a crime:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DGIdEyKtcw

Old 03-23-2019, 05:37 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by couch coyote View Post
Wow, that's disgusting. I think pretending naivete ("Ohhh, do you want it baaack???") is almost worse than the stealing. Gag.

I have a friend who raises Christmas trees. For those who don't know, that takes not only money for the little saplings and fertilizer, but up to seven years of labor to trim each one to shape. The trees he doesn't plan to sell that year are sprayed with a mixture that doesn't have much scent outside, but if someone steals a tree and takes it indoors, really stinks. He says the smell gets into carpets and curtains, even. Haha! I love the idea of a "gift" that keeps on giving . . .
I want to know the name of that stuff!

Old 03-23-2019, 05:40 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
I agree. If you have some proof, or could just send the police in the right direction, I would also call the police and report it.

This is a crime:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DGIdEyKtcw
Unbelievable! Glad to know they’re all over the internet, and will be forever.

Old 03-23-2019, 05:51 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
I live in a condo complex. We have fenced-in back patio/garden areas, but we also have gardens out front for flowers or whatever.

My neighbor had lovely hyacinths that came up in spring...and just before Easter last year, she came home to find them all dug up and gone. Someone--probably the landscaping crew--must've figured they'd make nice Easter gifts for the women in the family.

Old 03-23-2019, 05:57 PM

119 posts, read 105,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
3: I grew prized roses in my English garden. Cute little wooden fence around it. Living in a college town was a hazard to these lovely buds. Let's just say many a late night someone was voluntarily watering them with their excess urine. Finally one night my hubby got tired of both the stench it left and the damage done to my florals. Our three tiered patio was perfect for hiding. He one night sat out ..and around 2:30 am a young kid tried to water em. My hubby got a strobe light and a super soaker water gun. The rest is laughable history. The kid still relieved himself but not on my plants! And not so voluntarily.

FWIW I beg my sons and DH to pee on our flower beds - especially the lilies - because (mature) men's urine keeps the rabbits, squirrels, etc. from eating them. The local garden center sells coyote urine for $15 or so a pint. My men's urine works just as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden