Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2019, 12:44 PM

4,187 posts, read 3,400,840 times

Advertisements

What a beautiful set-up, NickMan. Your peppers are ahead of ours, but our tomatoes are bearing heavily and we just ate a few yellow cherry type (too lazy to look up the name, but they were sweeeet).

The greens are just about chewed to lace by some bug or other. We've had two servings of yellow beans, but FORGOT to succession-plant.

Thanks for the update.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2019, 08:38 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,086,869 times
oh nickman your garden and flowers are beautiful .you know it is so hot here I have had to put 6 gallons of water on my flowers and I keep these flowers up because they are not only beautiful but the supply the butterflies , bees and hummingbirds going and I the idea of having a hand in keeping those populations going .All of us gardeners have a hand in those populations growing and going on .

Old 07-18-2019, 08:41 AM

Indeterminate tomatoes getting biiiig.

We are low on flowers here, apart from hostas, and the naturalized daylilies.

Old 09-02-2019, 10:00 AM

Zone 7a. An update.

We couldn't find Cubanelle or Carmen plants. We did find a Poblano, which yielded only five fruits, so we won't try these again, and a Pimiento, which gave us about eight, but the skin is too tough to eat. Won't get these again either. Should've gone with the shishiito!

Banana pepper was okay, not as high a yield as Cubanelle.

Prolific tomato harvest, but far too many of them rotted before ripening. I'm hearing this problem from others, too. We had the Park's Whopper, which we probably won't get again, huge but lacking flavor, the Celebrity, my favorite for taste, a yellow cherry, Black Prince, which did poorly, and Bonnie Original, merely 'meh.'

The yellow cherry did the best, not rotting, but giving lots of sweet little fruits that even the neighbors, who are trying to palm off their excess tomatoes on us, are more than happy to get some.

Beans did all right, not as heavy yield as previous years.

By mid-August, it's 'Die, garden, die!' Because we are tired of it. Now in September, unless everything gets its second wind, this seems to be coming true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden