Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2023, 05:07 AM

83,511 posts, read 75,277,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mister-meeble View Post
Quick update: the eGO mower is terrific. I have no problem mowing the front yard or back yard with plenty of battery left. I'm sure I could do both on a single charge without issue. I ended up getting a "battery generator" as well for temporary power backup in case of power failure at my house (we're in Texas) that came with batteries, so I've got more than enough "fuel" to mow, trim, edge, etc.

I have the mower, a weed whacker, a trimmer, and an edger and they are do a great job. The best part is how quite the mower is. Really happy with the purchase.
Nice update! What size battery do you have? I have a 7.5Ah and it lasts 45 minutes mowing. I wanna get the 10Ah for my snow blower but still waiting for a snowstorm to try the 7.5 again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2023, 05:56 AM

7,253 posts, read 5,123,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Yes - I like mine because sometimes I need to get out earlier in the morning to either beat the heat or because I need to finish early. I hardly have to worry about the neighbors because it's much quieter than the trash trucks that come barrelling through at that hour!
Excellent point! (can't rep you again yet).

The amount of air pollution from power mowers is insignificant, but that power mower noise is irritating, & loud, especially in a subdivision when the neighbors aren't synchronized and the noise drones on continuously all day Sat & Sunday...Noise pollution is an under appreciated/ discussed problem.

I used a corded electric last time I lived in a suburb-- 40 yrs ago. Loved it. I still use corded weed wacker, chain saw & rototiller-- quiet, more pwerful, easier to use and maintain & way cheaper than ICE power implements. You can run them on 100ft cords without worrying about recharging during each session and no need to replace expensive batteries that may have undergown planned design obsolence since you made your original purchase.

Old 02-13-2023, 06:03 AM

6,116 posts, read 12,595,322 times
Another vote for ego. I've started replacing the old gas stuff with electric. I don't do a ton of landscaping so its an easy decision. I've got the weedwhacker, blowers and hedge trimmer. The one area I won't go electric yet is tools that might be necessary in an emergency (i.e. small chainsaws)

Old 02-13-2023, 10:58 AM

19,743 posts, read 22,654,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister-meeble View Post
Quick update: the eGO mower is terrific. I have no problem mowing the front yard or back yard with plenty of battery left. I'm sure I could do both on a single charge without issue. I ended up getting a "battery generator" as well for temporary power backup in case of power failure at my house (we're in Texas) that came with batteries, so I've got more than enough "fuel" to mow, trim, edge, etc.

I have the mower, a weed whacker, a trimmer, and an edger and they are do a great job. The best part is how quite the mower is. Really happy with the purchase.
I've got the mower, a trimmer, a chainsaw and the blower. The blower is great for the light fluffy snow we get here. However you will get a small residual 'shock' thru the handle on occasion.

The chainsaw is perfect for me. I can run it about a 1/2 hour on a full battery. That's about all I can do at one time, so I recharge the battery, recharge myself and get back at it. The chains aren't full chisel, so that would be my only complaint.

I absolutely love their equipment. It's awesome to not have to buy gas, tune-up kits etc.. Obviously the chainsaw required bar oil, but dang the ease of operation and maintenance is fantastic.

Old 02-13-2023, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
The amount of air pollution from power mowers is insignificant,

AGREE! And I think the public is starting to get that too

Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
but that power mower noise is irritating
DISAGREE! It's relaxing to me.. Just thinking about it makes me think of a beautiful warm spring day relaxing on the couch after a long work shift with the window open and a nice breeze coming through and the sound of a distant gas lawnmower being run. Then 40 minutes later its all done. Nap time over.

What I can't stand is the noise of a Motorcycle and the whine of the electric blowers/mowers. I have someone 1/4 mile away that uses one and it pierces my ears.

Old 02-13-2023, 04:27 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,654,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
What I can't stand is the noise of a Motorcycle and the whine of the electric blowers/mowers. I have someone 1/4 mile away that uses one and it pierces my ears.
My Ego mower is relatively quiet. I have to wear hearing protection using my Craftsman riding mower (it is very loud). I don't need any hearing protection with the Ego push mower. However the most quiet mower I have is a 1945 Cub cadet with a sickle mower. It just putters quietly (and better on gas) than a modern mower.

Old 02-15-2023, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
My Ego mower is relatively quiet. I have to wear hearing protection using my Craftsman riding mower (it is very loud). I don't need any hearing protection with the Ego push mower. However the most quiet mower I have is a 1945 Cub cadet with a sickle mower. It just putters quietly (and better on gas) than a modern mower.
Hahaha, look at that thing! AWESOME! Yeah EGO done well. My neighbors blower is corded (electric not battery) that makes the whine I can hear from 1/4 mile away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden