Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2023, 05:24 PM

17,558 posts, read 13,339,567 times

Advertisements

https://www.bustle.com/life/best-ani...ts-for-gardens

MrsM uses Liquid Fence as well as Deer Scram (Coyote urine) that's not listed

LIQUID FENCE
Quote:
If you like the idea of a scented animal deterrent but prefer something you can sprinkle on the ground, these scented granules might do the trick. They won’t harm plants or animals but deliver a potent scent derived from whole egg solids, garlic, and thyme oil to keep animals like deer and rabbits away. These granules are water-resistant, can cover up to 2,500 square feet of space, and can even be applied via a spreader and used as a lawn ground cover for a repellent for your whole yard.
One Reviewer Wrote: “Absolutely love this product! We have tried many things to deter the deer and rabbits from my flower gardens and these granules are the only thing that work. We sprinkle a light coating around the plants they like and it lasts about 3 weeks or more. The smell is very strong so I wouldn’t store this inside a house. The scent fades outside in about 24-48 hours to be tolerable to be around. With the great success we have using this, I highly recommend it!”

Deer Scram Professional

Quote:
Deer Scram Professional Deer Repellent comes from a line of effective repellents by Epic and is a repellent granule that triggers a strong fear-based response from deer by emitting an odor they associate with death.
Deer Scram Deer Repellent is non-toxic and environmentally friendly. The Deer Scram granules are not harmful to deer, but provide enough power to humanely ward deer off from an area before they can deal damage to shrubs, plants and gardens. Deer Scam Professional is effective for up to 90 days and does not have an odor during application.

Both are similar, but different
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2023, 05:26 PM

927 posts, read 758,493 times
Feed them peanut butter and watch their little tongues go back and forth at fast speed

Old 05-24-2023, 07:27 PM

32,927 posts, read 36,335,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitak1982 View Post
Yes we are finding out that the carpenter bees are back. We bought a carpenter bee trap and already have quite a few.
I didn't know that there was a trap. Thank you! They just started drilling into my four year old wood. I guess it's finally ripe enough for them.

Old 05-25-2023, 08:15 AM

712 posts, read 554,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I didn't know that there was a trap. Thank you! They just started drilling into my four year old wood. I guess it's finally ripe enough for them.
Not my image, this one is from HGTV that has a tutorial on how to make one.
https://www.hgtv.com/outdoors/garden...enter-bee-trap

Old 05-25-2023, 08:16 AM

712 posts, read 554,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by norman_w View Post
Feed them peanut butter and watch their little tongues go back and forth at fast speed
Feed what peanut butter? Squirrels? No thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden