Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 06:01 AM

57 posts, read 169,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
That's a nice mix that you put in the planting holes. That and the manure covers a lot of bases.

I used dolomitic lime for a calcium/magnesium boost this year. I'm going to forgo the (extra) epsom salts application this year. I remembered that there are some instances when it should not be applied and one of them is when there's been excessive rain, overwatering. A lot of water can interfere with calcium uptake. Since I'm not going to do a soil test now, I'll stick with the all purpose fertilizers for the time being.

Again thanks ,domolite contains about 13 percent magnesium, more then enough, I checked the soil test,to see what they had found,their recommendation was addition of limestone with a minimum of 5 percent magnesium,so I do not know how much would be too much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2009, 05:24 AM

57 posts, read 169,093 times
Well folks,the results should be in:" don't forget to sprinkle epsom salts around your pepper plants".mine where beautiful,3 batches of stuffed green peppers and gave some away. ps- my tomatoes were completly ruined.

Old 09-05-2009, 08:22 PM
Gue

24,118 posts, read 10,140,887 times
Just sprinkled them around the base of the plants & watered..

Thanks, We had great big peppers!

Old 09-06-2009, 10:07 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,649,845 times
I'm growing mine in one of those topsy turvy buckets...but I'm having problems! All the leaves are wanting to come off the plant! Why?

EDIT: Only in the last week or so, it was growing nicely, even though I didn't have any peppers growing on it. I've got buds for the fruit, but all the leaves (and the stems) are starting to come off.

Old 09-06-2009, 10:17 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,269,285 times
We had great success with our bell peppers. Adding the epson made a great difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden