Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 09:40 AM

222 posts, read 439,240 times

Advertisements

Thanks in advance....

View image: Martin Rangel Birth Record
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2011, 02:02 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,848,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRANGEL09 View Post
Thanks in advance...
Quote:
Book 168, Page 59
Third Class of the Rights [the enumeration of that sort of civil record]
50 centavos [for a copy of the information]

[The Birth of] Martin Rangel

In the village of San Francisco del Rincon [in current Mexican state of Guanajuato] at 11:30 AM on Monday, 14 November 1898, appearing before me, Jose de la Luz Romero, Judge [or Magistrate] of the civil affairs of this place, the citizen Victoriano Rengel, natively born and currently a resident of the neighboring ranch "Liebrero" (Jackrabbits), 50 years old, married and a laborer, presented me a baby boy alive, born in a house of the aforementioned ranch at 3:00 PM on the 12th of November, whom he had named "Martin", a testified legitimate son of his and Ramona Morales, 30 years old, expressing that they are married by the church, and previously by the law [two separate marriage ceremonies are common in Mexico, for both the church and the state]. The witnesses of these facts were the male citizens Victorio Rangel and Donaciano Munoz, of the age of majority, married and laborers from the same vicinity. Having read the present transcription to the appearing person and witnesses, they confirm and ratify that these facts are correct in all of the parts, but were unable to sign (most likely from illiteracy).

(s) Jose de La Luz Romero, Judge
That will be 50 centavos, por favor...

Old 11-20-2011, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
That will be 50 centavos, por favor...

LOL Thanks so much

Old 11-20-2011, 10:42 PM

Quote:
LOL Thanks so much
De nada...

Old 12-14-2011, 12:57 AM

I just need these 2 right here translated. Thank you

Victoriano Rangel pt 1, 2

View image: Victoriano Rangel 1

View image: Victoriano Rangel 2

Old 12-14-2011, 11:45 PM

Quote:

Working on it...

Old 12-15-2011, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Working on it...
Thank you so much...Take your time

Old 12-15-2011, 10:25 PM

Quote:

[Record above is signed by Tomas Padilla]

Number 214
Third Class with coffin rights, 2 pesos

[The Death of] Victoriano Rangel [I've edited to the correct gender]

In the village of San Francisco del Rincon [in current Mexican state of Guanajuato] at 3:30 PM on 4 October 1904, appearing before me, Tomas Padilla, Political Boss of the civil affairs of this place, the citizen Jose Felipe Rangel, natively born and currently a resident of the neighboring ranch "Liebrero" ["Jackrabbits"], 46 years old, single and a hat maker, testifying that in a house of the ranch at 8:00 AM that morning his brother Victoriano Rangel, 65 years old, passed away from the flu, whom had been married with his widow Ramona Morales for 25 years. The deceased was the son of Perfecto Rangel and Maria [widow of an earlier marriage] Regalado Fueron. The witnesses of these facts were the male citizens Pascasio Morales and Geronimo Franco, of the age of majority, married and laborers from the same vicinity. The body of the deceased was sent to be buried in the cemetery of San Miguel [Saint Michael]. This transcription was read to the person that appeared and the witnesses, and they agreed it was correct. (signed) Tomas Padilla, Felipe Rangel. This is a copy.

Old 12-16-2011, 09:40 AM

I'm a little confused...Was Romona still living at that time ? Is it possible that the person who gave the info, gave the incorrect age for the deceased ? In that 1898 record up above for Martin Rangel, it says Victoriano was just 50.

Old 12-19-2011, 10:44 PM

Quote:
I'm a little confused...Was Romona still living at that time ? Is it possible that the person who gave the info, gave the incorrect age for the deceased ? In that 1898 record up above for Martin Rangel, it says Victoriano was just 50.
Ramona was still living (the linguistics of Spanish are very good on most occasions, but it is worth mentioning that having my wife as a translator also has the benefit for the conventions that are used), whether she would be consulted (or be more accurate) or not...

I also noticed the discrepancies, but in that time it was common to just have a guess at a person's age when they died. Women sometimes added years when younger, and subtracted them later. Take it at face value that you even have rare reporting of hours of birth and death for a couple people in your lines, where others are lucky to have the detail of which year it was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy