Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are mixed race people more attractive?
Yes, they are more attractive than people that aren't mixed 53 31.36%
hard to say 23 13.61%
No, they are just as attractive as people who aren't mixed 93 55.03%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 09:27 PM

153 posts, read 434,000 times

Advertisements

It seems that media and basically a lot of newspaper these days are set on forcing the whole ideal that mixed race people (basically white and black mixed in their eyes) are more attractive than everyone else. Now if you disagree, you get branded a racist fast!

I remember a Black friend of mines asking "so let me get this straight, you are telling me a mixed race guy is more attractive than me because he has White in him while I am not good looking because I don't have any White in me?". It was against this college girl who said that and the girl didn't respond.

What are your thoughts on the whole mixed race people are more attractive belief?

Old 01-10-2013, 10:15 PM

632 posts, read 1,031,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Cold Shower View Post

What are your thoughts on the whole mixed race people are more attractive belief?
You kind of have to look at people like Halle Berry, Derek Jeter, Rashida Jones, Alicia Keyes, Jessica Ennis, Vanessa Williams, Lolo Jones, Olivia Munn and Shemar Moore and draw your own conclusions. Not an unattractive person in the bunch. Not even just a slightly above average person among them as they are pretty much universally thought of as VERY attractive. Your President Barak Obama is mixed race but he's ugly.

I think its ridiculous to say that any race (or mix of races) is more attractive than other races because people all look different. Take a look at any Miss Universe Pageant and you'l see beautiful women of all races, colors, countries, etc. Its just that some people may have their own specific PREFERENCES, but this doesnt mean that what they like is more attractive than others.

Old 01-10-2013, 11:21 PM

521 posts, read 763,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capablanca View Post
You kind of have to look at people like Halle Berry, Derek Jeter, Rashida Jones, Alicia Keyes, Jessica Ennis, Vanessa Williams, Lolo Jones, Olivia Munn and Shemar Moore and draw your own conclusions. Not an unattractive person in the bunch. Not even just a slightly above average person among them as they are pretty much universally thought of as VERY attractive. Your President Barak Obama is mixed race but he's ugly.

I think its ridiculous to say that any race (or mix of races) is more attractive than other races because people all look different. Take a look at any Miss Universe Pageant and you'l see beautiful women of all races, colors, countries, etc. Its just that some people may have their own specific PREFERENCES, but this doesnt mean that what they like is more attractive than others.
I can list a bunch of mono-race people who are considered universally attractive. The people you listed are either beauty pageant winners or models/actresses of course they are going to be above average.

Old 01-10-2013, 11:24 PM

306 posts, read 758,560 times
Good point...have you ever noticed with dogs, mixed breeds are the smartest!

Old 01-10-2013, 11:24 PM

2,440 posts, read 3,433,104 times
More attractive? Than what? This is a matter of taste, as there is certainly more than one way to appeal to the eye of the beholder, whomever that might be.

Old 01-11-2013, 02:50 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,835,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Cold Shower View Post
It seems that media and basically a lot of newspaper these days are set on forcing the whole ideal that mixed race people (basically white and black mixed in their eyes) are more attractive than everyone else. Now if you disagree, you get branded a racist fast!

I remember a Black friend of mines asking "so let me get this straight, you are telling me a mixed race guy is more attractive than me because he has White in him while I am not good looking because I don't have any White in me?". It was against this college girl who said that and the girl didn't respond.

I think it's a crock. People of all kinds are attractive including mixed-race people.

Old 01-11-2013, 03:50 AM

1,483 posts, read 3,309,160 times
Why does it bother you that people of color are on TV? This country is filled with many races so i think we should expect to see the same on TV.

Also, maybe its as simple as your taste in women or men is not popular.

Old 01-11-2013, 04:15 AM

9 posts, read 26,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterStar View Post
Good point...have you ever noticed with dogs, mixed breeds are the smartest!
Actually....no! I just posited this to my staffie-****su-saint bernard-dingo, and his response was unintelligible. Still, I am not fluent in Swahili, so perhaps there is merit to this....

Old 01-11-2013, 04:19 AM

9 posts, read 26,974 times
[quote=jbub22;27713513]Why does it bother you that people of color are on TV? quote]

because maybe he only has a black and white TV, and people of colour are therefore 'redundant'. Go easy on the man...

Old 01-11-2013, 04:51 AM

2,309 posts, read 4,386,715 times
My ex wife is Inuit Eskimo and Irish.
She's very beautiful but her beauty stands on it's own merit as opposed to it being a byproduct of interracial breeding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy