Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2019, 05:07 AM

23,868 posts, read 33,575,259 times

Advertisements

23 and me is the same.
Ancestry is $39
My Heritage $39 - no deal when Ancestry is the same and you can upload free.
FTDNA Family Finder $49. no deal when Ancestry is $39 and you can upload free. Y-DNA is still from $99. mtDNA $139

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
23 and me
Ancestry + Traits - Original Price: $99 Sale Price: $79
Health + Ancestry - Original Price: $199 Sale Price: $99

Ancestry Sale $59 Original price $99 - I'm not seeing Ancestry health on sale

My Heritage Sale $49 Original price $79

You can do ebates and top cash back with some of them.

Ancestry and 23 and me are the 2 sites that do not allow free uploads for family matching so if you're going to do DNA, do it at one of the 2. Ancestry has the largest DNA database if you're looking for family. I have not seen 23 and me health any cheaper then $99.

My Heritage and FTDNA allow free uploads for family matching. You can pay $29 at My Heritage to get extra tools and $19 at FTDNA for ethnicity, chromosome browser and ancient ethnicity. FTDNA automatically opts you into law enforcement matching when you opt in to family matching so you'll have to turn it off in settings if you don't want to do it.

See my thread for directions to upload //www.city-data.com/forum/genea...l#post52497844
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2019, 09:46 AM

9,852 posts, read 13,704,520 times
Not sure if it was posted or not, but gift subscriptions of us explorer and all access subscriptions are 50% off. I was kind of hoping all access would be 50% off too, kind of want to mess around with newspapers.com, it not for that price. I conveniently get six month memberships during my birthday in May and then another in December do I usually cash in on some type of Christmas deal.

Old 12-02-2019, 12:56 PM

5,329 posts, read 6,022,876 times
Default Last day to gift Ancestry at 50% off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
Not sure if it was posted or not, but gift subscriptions of us explorer and all access subscriptions are 50% off. I was kind of hoping all access would be 50% off too, kind of want to mess around with newspapers.com, it not for that price. I conveniently get six month memberships during my birthday in May and then another in December do I usually cash in on some type of Christmas deal.
My Discovery subscription was set to renew at full price JAN 4th. Since the 50% off Gift membership offer ends today, I cancelled my current 6 month subscription which will expire JAN 3rd and gifted myself an annual 50% off subcription effective JAN 6th. Sweet!

Old 12-29-2019, 02:14 PM

9,852 posts, read 13,704,520 times
If you missed the gift subscription opportunity during black Friday at Ancestry, it's back. I didn't get the subscription for Christmas as I thought (damn my family members aren't mind readers?) so I purchased a World Explorer account on Friday. Then got this e-mail this afternoon. I called and was able to get the $25 back after contemplating the extra $25 for Newspapers.com. I opted for the World Explorer instead because I think I've done all the searching I need to.

https://www.ancestry.com/cs/newyears...h=Web+Property

Old 12-30-2019, 06:12 AM

ancestry DNA sale has ended but I'm seeing it for $59 still at Amazon with free shipping

Old 01-07-2020, 08:37 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,401,990 times
An article that pulls together free ongoing resources in one spot.
Some of it seems obvious, but you never know what might help someone.
https://www.moneytalksnews.com/11-fr...amily-history/

Old 02-06-2020, 08:30 AM

Valentine's Day Sales - See my thread Family tree and DNA general instructions for how to back up your Ancestry DNA to upload at the free sites

Ancestry DNA has not gone on sale yet.

My Heritage Valentine's Day DNA Sale Only $59‎; normally $79 - also free shipping when you buy 2 kits.

You're better off waiting until Ancestry goes on sale. My Heritage allows free uploads, you then pay a $29 fee to unlock all the tools which ends up being a lot cheaper then if you would have bought the kit for $59 because you would have to buy a subscription in order to get all of the tools. See the quote below Here is the subscription rate page if anyone is interested in seeing prices. Directions on how to upload your DNA to My Heritage

Quote:
Add a MyHeritage Complete plan - first month FREE
Explore family trees of your DNA Matches
Access all 10.1 billion historical records on MyHeritage
After the first month, you'll enjoy a 50% discount and be charged $299 $149 for the first year. You can cancel at any time.

FTDNA Family finder sale - $59 • ENDS FEB 14TH
Again, better off buying a test from Ancestry. FTDNA also allows free uploads. For $19 you can get ethnicity, ancient ethnicity and chromosome browser. FTDNA's web site is very archaic. They also do not have an app. They also allow law enforcement to upload crime scene DNA.

23 and me - I'm not seeing that any of their tests are on sale yet. All I'm seeing is Valentine’s Offer: 23andMe’s Health + Ancestry Service. Enter your email to unlock FREE shipping through Feb. 14.

I entered my email addy, hit submit thinking it would email me whatever sale code there is but it said "applied" so it looks like there may not be an email code.

Old 02-09-2020, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Valentine's Day Sales - See my thread Family tree and DNA general instructions for how to back up your Ancestry DNA to upload at the free sites

Ancestry DNA has not gone on sale yet.
I'm surprised that Valentine's day is 5 days away but Ancestry is still not on sale.

Old 02-14-2020, 09:13 AM

9,779 posts, read 15,795,280 times
Newspapers.com is free through Presidents' Day!

Old 03-07-2020, 05:35 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,401,990 times
Free access to Irish records on ancestry.com through the 18th of March (create a free profile, if don't already have one)

https://www.ancestry.com/cs/stpatricksday
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy