Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2021, 10:32 AM

1 posts, read 1,563 times

Advertisements

Is it weird that your parents' cousins are nearly two decades younger than you?
I ask this question because many of my mother's cousins are younger than me, from a few months to about 18 years (nearly two decades).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2021, 02:41 PM

10,214 posts, read 17,881,804 times
This feels like the same topic as this, and the username is suspiciously similar: //www.city-data.com/forum/genea...n-age-gap.html

Old 07-03-2021, 03:13 PM

14,316 posts, read 11,708,830 times
No it's not weird and not even that rare. For your cousins to be much younger than you means only that your mother's siblings are much younger than she is, and/or your mother had children much later in life than her siblings.

I have two siblings a couple of decades older than me. My sister is 19 years older, and my brother is 22 years older. They are full siblings. I have several cousins in the same age group. That's because my parents and aunt/uncle both had children in their early 20s, and then I was born when my parents were in their 40s.

Old 07-06-2021, 07:37 AM

23,867 posts, read 33,568,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA2UK View Post
This feels like the same topic as this, and the username is suspiciously similar: http:////www.city-data.com/forum/gen...n-age-gap.html

I just looked to see if I'm signed up for replies because I thought this was the other thread, I'm sure I replied to the other one.

I guess the OP lost their log in...

This thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimalmot68 View Post
Is it weird that your parents' cousins are nearly two decades younger than you?
I ask this question because many of my mother's cousins are younger than me, from a few months to about 18 years (nearly two decades).

The other

Quote:
Originally Posted by motamed68 View Post
My grandmother's cousin was only two years older than me. We went to the same school together for some years. This was a little embarrassing for me in front of my classmates and I tried to hide it. While we were like two siblings in age, he was in the family tree of the same generation as my grandmother. How would you feel if you were in this situation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy