Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2021, 05:38 AM

23,875 posts, read 33,587,145 times

Advertisements

I used it the other day, while it's an improvement, it is highly lacking because you can not color group them when you look at the match, or I couldn't find it. I could only do it on my main DNA match results page. I'm on my way out, I still have to read the blog.

Labels for DNA Matches on MyHeritage

Quote:
On the main page that lists your DNA Matches, there are new checkboxes on the top left corner of each match card. Click them for one match or multiple matches that you wish to associate with a specific label (or labels).

The label manager panel will open on the right-hand side. From this panel, you can add labels to organize your DNA Matches.

Click “Create new label” and a pop-up will appear allowing you to choose a name and color for your label. You can create up to 30 labels per each DNA kit that you manage. Each label will have its own color.

Once saved, your labels will appear in the label manager panel, organized alphabetically.

Hover over a label name to reveal the clickable “edit” and “delete” icons. Editing a label allows you to change its name or its color. Deleting a label will remove it, and will remove the label association from any DNA Matches associated with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2021, 09:24 AM

23,875 posts, read 33,587,145 times
I checked out the blog. They are working on being able to label matches when looking at them, hopefully it will be available soon.

With the color labeling matches, you can do a batch color grouping on the main DNA match page by selecting them. That will make it easier. I guess we'll see if you can do the batch labeling when looking at common matches, that will be helpful.

Now you can see the notes on the left hand side of your match when looking at matches. You can also mark a match as a favorite. The whole left side is devoted to favorites, notes and color labels. It will show 7 color labels in the left side, it will also show how many are not showing which you can click on to see.

They upgraded the DNA match search feature, there are a bunch of ways you can search for a person now, including the colored groups, matches with family trees, those that share ancestral surnames with you, or those that share with Smart Matches.

Quote:
Next steps

Labels are currently available from the main page that lists all DNA Matches. We are working to add them to the single DNA Match page, the shared DNA Matches component, and a few other places where seeing the labels next to each match could come in handy.

DNA labels are also available on the MyHeritage mobile app.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy