Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 01:44 PM

281 posts, read 643,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevergirl05 View Post
Good for you ! Sometimes a change of scenery is all you need to recharge your spirit. The main thing is not to let people put negative thoughts into your head about your decision; always remember, misery loves company.

Whatever you do, don't "chicken out" in January .
This was funny, when I first started talking about a possible move to Texas, everyone I spoke with gave me this look like I was crazy and just said "Why Texas" with a resounding ughhh afterward!!! I finally started to ignore them and realize maybe they were just envious because they don't have the freedom to do it? I did finally find a couple friends who think it's a great idea, one friend loves Texas and is planning on moving to the Austin area in a few years, so he always motivates me. Yes, recharging my spirit, I love that saying!

I won't chicken out! I cannot wait, now the hardest part is just living my life until my time can come!!!

And to the Westcoastbabe...I don't know how close you are to family and friends, I thought I'd miss people when I first started considering moving. I then took a real hard look at my life and how often I actually saw these people...I realized that other than my work friends, I rarely actually saw/hung out with my friends because they are so busy with family. I will still be able to text, Facebook, and talk to them all I want. And like the other poster said, we will make new friends in the new city! Go for it girl!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues