Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2019, 03:48 PM

15,252 posts, read 12,967,886 times

Advertisements

Preparing for a move requires making a seemingly endless stream of decisions.

I don't think anyone is capable of making flawless decisions, one after the other, about what goes with, what comes later, what won't be needed right away, etc. You guys should all pat yourselves on the back for doing as well as you have. We tend to forget about all the great decisions we made and focus on the few that didn't go so well.

Give yourselves a break. Moving is tough!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2019, 09:12 PM

7,046 posts, read 6,298,150 times
Fluffy - once again I had a helper, a sweet neighbor, and I can't find the box with the silverware! I really want a tuna fish sandwich but have to find a butter knife. Lol, gotta love those helpers.

Oh well, if I want it bad enough, I will find that box.

Old 05-12-2019, 05:53 AM

7,046 posts, read 6,298,150 times
Tada! The box was labeled 'kitchen' and easily found. Now on to the rest of it. At least I can take my time with all of it.

Old 05-31-2019, 07:08 PM

70 posts, read 68,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Preparing for a move requires making a seemingly endless stream of decisions.

I don't think anyone is capable of making flawless decisions, one after the other, about what goes with, what comes later, what won't be needed right away, etc. You guys should all pat yourselves on the back for doing as well as you have. We tend to forget about all the great decisions we made and focus on the few that didn't go so well.

Give yourselves a break. Moving is tough!
Fluffy, what are you doing in my brain? Haha. But that was nice to read.

Old 06-04-2019, 08:15 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,637,620 times
Yeah well put Fluffy. It’s very challenging and it is an endless stream of decisions. That’s how I feel this year, like my work is suffering because of decision fatigue related to moving. It’s also like every day there’s some other annoyance and it cuts into being able to sit down and do my work. Home appraisal today (the buyer), inspection tomorrow (buyer again), sewer Thursday - I didn’t even ask. Why is the sewer company coming?! Beats me. I’m so over it I just said ok, what time? Lol. Had a bank meeting today about some finances. Phone calls about the next house today as well. There’s hardly any time to myself. Started doing kitchen packing Sunday and of course that’s what brought me back to this thread - nervous we’ll pack something we end up needing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues