Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2019, 10:51 AM

6,818 posts, read 11,548,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creature of the Wheel View Post
Extortion moving companies are pretty common. They're pretty much what a person gets when they want to go for the cheapest company. In logistics, you get what you pay for. With extortionist scumbag companies, it's not uncommon for your stuff to end up at an auction somewhere.

From here on out, I would suggest you go with reputable companies like United, Atlas Van Lines, Mayflower Transit, Wheaton Worldwide Moving, North American Van Lines, or Allied.

Florida cracking down on scammer moving companies.
This +1000.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2019, 06:58 PM

27 posts, read 18,079 times
GL op. I’m upset just reading that. Some scum out there.

Old 09-01-2019, 12:03 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,637,620 times
I’m not as unfortunate as OP, but Colonial Van Lines truly is the worst company I’ve ever dealt with in my life. They are all idiots, every single person working at that company is a clown. They have lied to me repeatedly from the pickup window to present, they had a truck stolen before my pickup and told me it was mechanical issues, a lie as the movers confirmed to me since it was their truck, which pushed my day back one and nearly screwed me since that was the last day I owned the house.

Now, they told me Wednesday or Thursday, they didn’t call me back and I had to call them Wednesday and say so... apparently not happening Thursday either? Ah, well, medical emergency with the driver and stuff, but we’re working on something. Yeah, riiight. Then they told me me trying for before the weekend, that didn’t happen. Then Sunday for sure, they’ll be there. That’s today. Nothing. The company is closed for the holiday weekend, which I don’t think a moving company should ever close personally. Sure as to hell shouldn’t close each day at 4 pm “because that’s 7 Eastern.” Nobody cares! Moving is cross country, you should be open until 8 Pacific! The window closes tomorrow and I’m out of town the next day for my own wedding, not back until September 9. At this point I have no idea what we’ll do because they’re going to have to give me an exact date like September 9 and actually stick to it.

I left them a curse-laden voicemail and it felt alright, I’d rather they all contract STDs but sadly that’s not something I can make happen. I truly wish everyone I’ve dealt with at that company the worst for the rest of their lives. May they be miserable and die alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues