Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2008, 01:30 AM

12 posts, read 51,781 times

Advertisements

Doing an in town move. basically need to make it 5 miles, and let my stuff sit overnight. I have seen many Pro Penski posts. Maybe I will need to go penski anyways.. who knows. Please see below

Unfortunately our local penski is 2x the price here so I have been looking at uhaul and budget (ryder is a 1hr drive)

I have been eyeballing budget and uhaul. They seem pretty similar rate wise.

One, budget doesnt have the attic, so their 24' is true 24' not 22' + 2' of attic space.

Unless they are huge piles of crap and nasty (or at least nastier than uhauls), It would seem that budget has the better deal.

Another thing that looks nice is budget has a higher bumper. Is this true from what you have seen (on their 24' model)?

One concern is I am on a fairly steep driveway. I would like the opportunity to back my truck up (yes, I know this will tip the boxes fwd) and I am concerned that uhaul will bottom out since its been lowered "for my convenience"

Lol, I also am debating just maybe even shooting for a higher bed frieght truck, skipping the ramp and just backing it up to the incline of the driveway

--------

2nd question:

How do you guys recommend moving multiple couches? I have the recliner types with the heavy bases. I have been debating how I am going to pack all of this

2 full size couches
2 reliners
1 glider
2 love seats
4 coffee tables (wimpy breakable kind)
2 diff matt sets
500 lb desk (made out of solid steal for my convenience)
4 dressers
dining set
2 entertainment centers
elliptical
filing cabinets
2 huge bookshelves
+ boxes galore

Ive been debating just getting 2 trucks - but I am still trying to figure out if i should cram in one.

I do only have to have these 2 days - so maybe just get 2 (ie, spend an extra $100) and ensure that i dont have to cram stuff and avoid worrying about scratching things?

Plus most of my furnitures that neat kind. You know, the kind that likes to scratch, get holes in it, or This was before our procreating days

What do you think? Fill up my block with uhauls and avoid worrying about scratching things, or spending an extra $50 a day in furniture pads to cram together?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues