Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 09:49 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,019,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrz. riverz View Post
we would just take our income taxes and move this year but my father is talking about he wants his money that he loaned us since we've been here and he's not waiting til after income taxes he wants it right then and there. So that's why i said the end of next year... My family is really tryin to stick it to me for reasons i really dont no but i feel like im trapped into being her in michigan when i really dont want to be. I am going to talk to my husband tonight about seeing if he wants to go ahead of us even though i really dont want that to have to happen but i really think it'll be necessary for us to get out of michigan ASAP!!! I love my family to death but being here in michigan during this depression is not set for me. I WANT TO BE IN TEXAS!!!!
Take your tax money and go. Just send your father $50/month payments for as long as it takes to pay off. Be consistent in your payments.

It sounds like there isn't a thing you could possibly do to please your parents---ever. Just get out ASAP before you find yourself stuck there.

Focus on pleasing your husband. He's the person who matters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2009, 09:59 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,029,405 times
I agree with the other posters.

Your mate and child come first, and your parents are being grossly unfair. Get out now.

Old 12-28-2009, 12:06 AM

3,769 posts, read 8,797,863 times
Yeah MRZ - your dad can wait for his money - I really cannot believe he is being so unreasonable. Make your plans - dont share them with anyone except your husband and haul tail. Pay your dad regularly - just like another bill - since he is treating it as such. You seem like a lovely person and I wish you success and happiness. - none of which sound like its going to happen in Mich!

Old 12-28-2009, 07:48 AM

3,748 posts, read 12,402,184 times
You asked people to be honest, so thats what I'm going to do here. It's time to stop acting like a child and to grow up. As others on here have said, your focus must be on your husband and your child and YOU! That is now your primary family - not your parents. Get off your hind end and get a job - even if its cleaning offices at night or working at Walmart or an all-night drug store or gas station - any job where you have your husband to watch your baby while you help to get some money together. Yes - I know the economy in Michigan, I was raised there and still have much of my family living in the state. There are jobs to be had. They certainly are not glamourous but they are an honest living. If you want your father and mother to treat you like an adult, your first have to start acting like one. Young lady - get a back bone and stop looking to your parents to tell you what to do. If you and your husband have decided to get out of Michigan, then get a plan together and get out and on with your lives. The other option is for your husband to move to Texas (or wherever) first and for you to follow once he has a job and a place to live. Your parents might ease up on their stance if they see you moving forward and acting responsibly and like an adult. You can let your mother know she is welcome to visit you wherever you decide to move to. You need to focus on your primary family now so get a plan together and good luck!

Old 12-28-2009, 05:46 PM

31 posts, read 50,410 times
thanks everyone for your advice my husband and i talked last night about the move and him goin ahead without my daughter and i and he said he would but i dont know how for sure he really is about him being down there and not knowing anything or anyone down there and having to do everything by himself without me. I really hope he will snap out of it and go though because we both really want to be out of here. ASAP and him going without us is one step closer to making that happen.

Old 12-29-2009, 09:38 AM

6,449 posts, read 9,807,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrz. riverz View Post
thanks everyone for your advice my husband and i talked last night about the move and him goin ahead without my daughter and i and he said he would but i dont know how for sure he really is about him being down there and not knowing anything or anyone down there and having to do everything by himself without me. I really hope he will snap out of it and go though because we both really want to be out of here. ASAP and him going without us is one step closer to making that happen.

Why would he go without you? He could use your help and support finding a place and establishing yourselves! Either way, alone or with you, he has to get a place and eat etc. If you arent there then you have added expenses for phone calls, missing each other, loneliness.

Forget your family, they are doing nothing to help you. Move with him, and like suggested, just send whatever money you can to pay your father.

Old 12-29-2009, 09:45 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,019,531 times
There's no reason for you to stay behind if you all leave when you get the income tax money. As a CNA, you can find work that doesn't require a babysitter by working a different shift from your husband's shifts. Since he's a manager, he makes his schedule. You can make this work financially. I fear that your family will brainwash you if you're left alone with them. They'll bad mouth him for leaving. You really just need to leave together.

Old 12-30-2009, 10:08 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,827,890 times
Have you ever been to texas? You might be dreaming agian and it wouldn't hurt for your husband to move first and get settled before you make the plunge if you never have lived here.If your ch8ild is in school yo0u might alos want to want until she/he is out to move yourself.

Old 12-30-2009, 10:16 PM

31 posts, read 50,410 times
Texdav my daughter will be two years old in april. N what do you mean by i might be dreaming again? N no i've never visited texas, but i hear and research lots of wonderful things that i would like for my daughter to see and experience since i couldn't living here in michigan.

Old 12-30-2009, 10:32 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,827,890 times
Well;I know that if i was thinking of doing the same;I would never move to a strange place with my wife with a 2 year old without first paving the way . I mean I can live in a rooming house until I get the area figured out for housing and such but a wife and daughter would make it much harder.It also would save money and be alot less stress since he will be on a new job and not have to worry about you and the kid being in a strange place.I have moved and know others that have and always getting settled is easier for the man to move first and pave the way ;so to speak.By dreaming I mean texas is a big state and it will be just as strnge as any place you have never experienced.Don't get me wrong I love texas but it can be just as strange for someone from out of state and just as lonely as anywhere.Hopefully you pick a area that meets your expectations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues