Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What city offers the best year-round weather in the US?
1. Seattle 9 11.69%
2. San Francisco 17 22.08%
3. Los Angeles 19 24.68%
4. San Diego 37 48.05%
5. Boston 4 5.19%
6. New York City 3 3.90%
7. Miami 8 10.39%
8. Chicago 3 3.90%
9. Atlanta 5 6.49%
10 Austin, TX 3 3.90%
11. Phoenix 5 6.49%
12. Denver, CO 8 10.39%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 11:54 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,377,194 times

Advertisements

My votes:

San Francisco
Seattle
Los Angeles

I could not decide between LA and SD. LA is warmer but less humid. Get's a bit more rain than SD.

I agree with Ira, I would have chosen Oakland hands down but it wasn't an option. Basically, I like cooler climates but not really cold. I really don't like heat at all so the rest of those cities just weren't an option for me. They tend to get hotter in summer.

San Francisco's weather is very consistent with few large swings from one time of year to another. Seattle of course is my second choice. I like the idea of having overcast skies with just enough sun to break the monotony.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2010, 11:55 PM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 3 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,912,538 times
To movingwiththewind: Its good to see someone who also thinks Seattle has one of the best year round weather climates in the USA.

So how has Seattle been for you lately? Do you still not like Seattle?

It now says you are in Vancouver, BC though, so I guess you still dont like Seattle.

I love Seattle, but I will try to go to Vancouver BC for some of college or to "study abroad" for a year. Its interesting how we went from NYC to both of these cities. I dont know anyone who went from NYC to both Seattle and Vancouver, BC(I do know a few who went from NYC to Seattle or NYC to Vancouver).

Old 06-16-2010, 12:05 AM

1,863 posts, read 5,148,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalUrbanBalence View Post
415_2sk: Wow!? You were born and raised in Seattle? Im surprised since you dont seem to know ANYTHING about it. Looks like you didnt ever give Seattle enough of a chance.
NUB, c'mon, man. Please give 415 a chance to have his / her own opinion. He / she knows enough.

Look, I made a list of 12 places (not just SF and Seattle), trying to cover many regions in the US and to give people the opportunity to choose their favorite place / weather. You voted for SF, Seattle and NYC. 415 voted for Santa Monica. What is wrong with it?

Do you even realize that by saying that 415 does not know anything about Seattle you are just saying that you don't know anything about 415? You know what I mean?

Old 06-16-2010, 12:12 AM

To movingwiththewind: I did give 415 a chance to form his or her opinion. Its ok 415 voted for Santa Monica.

There isnt anything wrong with that.

I said that he or she didnt give Seattle enough of a chance because of what he or she said in another thread(The pros and cons of living in Seattle). Not based on what he or she in this thread. I should have said it over there. My mistake.

Old 06-16-2010, 12:28 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,851,256 times
Someone's testy... yeesh.

Let's see...

Best Mexican food: El Camion (the taco truck/trailer in the Home Depot parking lot on Aurora, across from the Washelli). Mama's in Belltown is OK but a bit too hipsterish.
Best aquarium store: toss up. The Fish Store on Roosevelt, Little Amazon on Aurora
Best Vietnamese: Pho Saigon on Madison in First Hill. Try the $3.00 veggie banh mi.
Best Ethiopian: toss up. Gojo on Aurora (pretty new, opened like a year or so ago) or Mesob on 12th. Mesob has the portions but Gojo is more consistently good.

Guido's Pizza on Greenlake was phenomenal, but they razed that building in the late 90's and put a Zeek's there... seems to be the zeitgeist for all good local things at the time.

I know plenty about the place, honest. Just chill.

Last edited by 415_s2k; 06-16-2010 at 12:42 AM.. Reason: raised --> razed

Old 06-16-2010, 12:35 AM

To 415:

I must say, you know more about aquarium stores, as many Mexican food places, more pizza places, and more Ethiopian place in Seattle than I do.

Do you know about the Vietnamese restaurant Tamarind Tree in the International District?
What about Galerias Mexican restaurant in Seattle? Sophisticated but affordable restaurants.

I hope the moderator, doesnt delete our posts I try so hard to follow the city-data terms of services and am always trying to follow it. I think we should put these posts in the "Pros and Cons of Seattle" thread instead of this one. I will put this post of mine there too.

Last edited by ; 06-16-2010 at 12:47 AM..

Old 06-16-2010, 12:42 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,851,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingwiththewind View Post
Me too Come on, don't believe? I'm giving you 2 points!
Returned in kind!

Old 06-16-2010, 12:51 PM

1,863 posts, read 5,148,214 times
I created this thread so all those people who constantly complain about Seattle's weather can see that Seattle still offers decent weather comparing with the rest of the country. Just look at the poll: So far, Seattle shares number two spot with San Diego!

I think, many people who live in this region, take many things for granted. You live in one of the most beautiful, maybe the most beautiful geographic regions of the country, with very pleasant and nice weather. Just stop complaining and start enjoying what this place offers. Appreciate what you have!

And if you still insist Seattle has horrible weather, do you really think you would be better off weatherwise in places like Phoenix, Austin, LA, NYC, Miami, Atlanta, Chicago, New Orleans, Houston, Boston, Washington, DC? I could list almost any major city in any geographical region in the country and Seattle's weather would still be very high on the list. If you think about moving to any of those places because of the weather, think again: Some extra sun you may get may come with a bonus of over 90 degrees heat and 90% humidity, day after day after day... Not saying Seattle's weather is perfect. Just saying it's still better than in the majority of other geographical regions and major cities in the US.

Think about it next time you see a cloud or two or a couple of drops. Enjoy Seattle and what it offers.

Last edited by movingwiththewind; 06-16-2010 at 01:25 PM..

Old 06-16-2010, 01:13 PM

To:Movingwiththewind: I agree with everything you said!

+1 rep.

Old 06-16-2010, 07:12 PM

18,980 posts, read 32,627,760 times
San Diego
LA
Miami

I like it warm and sunny, but I'd take Honolulu's weather over all these cities as LA and SD can be too cool and dry and Miami too hot and wet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.