Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What city offers the best year-round weather in the US?
1. Seattle 9 11.69%
2. San Francisco 17 22.08%
3. Los Angeles 19 24.68%
4. San Diego 37 48.05%
5. Boston 4 5.19%
6. New York City 3 3.90%
7. Miami 8 10.39%
8. Chicago 3 3.90%
9. Atlanta 5 6.49%
10 Austin, TX 3 3.90%
11. Phoenix 5 6.49%
12. Denver, CO 8 10.39%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 11:08 PM

1,863 posts, read 5,150,587 times

Advertisements

Choose up to three cities. I vote

1. San Francisco
2. Seattle
3. Undecided
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2010, 11:13 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,868,976 times
1. Santa Monica, CA
2. Venice, CA
3. San Diego, CA

432. Seattle

Old 06-15-2010, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
1. Santa Monica, CA
2. Venice, CA
3. San Diego, CA

432. Seattle
Not fair game! Santa Monica and Venice are not in the list. Also, there is no point to list both of them. They are in the same region with the same weather pattern!

In addition, there are only 12 cities (not 432) in the list. Choose from the list only! Please take time, concentrate on the task! Never have taken multiple choice questios in school?

Old 06-15-2010, 11:35 PM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 10 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,923,623 times
I voted San Francisco, Seattle, and New York City, but for slightly different reasons for each place.

Why San Francisco: Rather consistent moderate temperatures year round, lots of sunshine but still some rain, good air and water quality. A bit too dry May-October, and can be a little bit too cold in the summer, but its still has some of the best weather year round in America.

Why Seattle: I dont care what some people say, Seattle does have a lot great things about its weather/climate. Usually very comfortable temperatures. Usually not too hot or too cold, but people will still get enough variety with temperatures here. Very good air and water quality most of the time. Doesnt have to deal with thunderstorms like other places do. Usually no worries about droughts or forest fires. No dangerous insects and bugs like in places such as Texas, Arizona, and Floria.. Can get a bit too cloudy sometimes, but I still think it has some of the best weather in America.

New York City: A nice balance of 4 seasons, so someone can easily experience a bit of everything in terms of weather there. In America, it seems to have some of the most balanced weather. (One of the only "balanced" things about it).Temperatures in the ocean nearby can get hot enough to swim in the summer, while there are snowstorms that can happen in the winter. Sometimes it can get too hot or too cold, unpredictable, and extreme, but still some of the best weather year round.

I also would have voted for Los Angeles and San Diego but they are a bit too dry, and the air and water quality isnt good there, and the weather is too consistent and boring. When I went to Los Angeles in February 2010, it was sunny and warm, but the air was horrible! I developed some skin irritation while I was there because of the dryness and bad air quality, and I didnt like breathing outside, like I do in Seattle!

415_s2k: I disagree with you putting Seattle at 432. Did you ever even visit Seatte? Santa Monica and Venice are almost up with San Francisco and Seattle but its too dry most of the time and with bad air and water quality.

Old 06-15-2010, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingwiththewind View Post
Not fair game! Santa Monica and Venice are not in the list. Also, there is no point to list both of them. They are in the same region with the same weather pattern!

In addition, there are only 12 cities (not 432) in the list. Choose from the list only! Please take time, concentrate on the task! Never have taken multiple choice questios in school?
I was only joking Come now.

Old 06-15-2010, 11:40 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,348,695 times
I voted San Francisco, though it's much nicer just across the water in Oakland.

Old 06-15-2010, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalUrbanBalence View Post
I voted San Francisco, Seattle, and New York City, but for slightly different reasons for each place.

Why San Francisco: Rather consistent moderate temperatures year round, lots of sunshine but still some rain, good air and water quality. A bit too dry May-October, and can be a little bit too cold in the summer, but its still has some of the best weather year round in America.

Why Seattle: I dont care what some people say, Seattle does have a lot great things about its weather/climate. Usually very comfortable temperatures. Usually not too hot or too cold, but people will still get enough variety with temperatures here. Very good air and water quality most of the time. Doesnt have to deal with thunderstorms like other places do. Usually no worries about droughts or forest fires. No dangerous insects and bugs like in places such as Texas, Arizona, and Floria.. Can get a bit too cloudy sometimes, but I still think it has some of the best weather in America.

New York City: A nice balance of 4 seasons, so someone can easily experience a bit of everything in terms of weather there. In America, it seems to have some of the most balanced weather. (One of the only "balanced" things about it).Temperatures in the ocean nearby can get hot enough to swim in the summer, while there are snowstorms that can happen in the winter. Sometimes it can get too hot or too cold, and unpredictable, but still some of the best weather year round.

I also would have voted for Los Angeles and San Diego but they are a bit too dry, and the air and water quality isnt good there, and the weather is too consitent and boring.

415_s2k: I disagree with you putting Seattle at 432. Did you ever even visit Seatte? Santa Monica and Venice are almost up with San Francisco and Seattle but its too dry most of the time and with bad air and water quality.
I was born in Seattle, raised there, spent most of my teens in Boston, lived in CA for six years, lived back in Seattle for a year, and then moved back to CA eight months ago. Yes, I am quite familiar with Seattle's weather, and I stand by my assertion!

I lived in Venice for three years, and worked in Santa Monica (they border one another and so no, there's no difference), they're on the water and not subject to the smog issues that inland LA is.

Old 06-15-2010, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
I was only joking Come now.
Me too Come on, don't believe? I'm giving you 2 points!

Old 06-15-2010, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalUrbanBalence View Post

New York City: A nice balance of 4 seasons, so someone can easily experience a bit of everything in terms of weather there. In America, it seems to have some of the most balanced weather. (One of the only "balanced" things about it).Temperatures in the ocean nearby can get hot enough to swim in the summer, while there are snowstorms that can happen in the winter. Sometimes it can get too hot or too cold, unpredictable, and extreme, but still some of the best weather year round.

I also would have voted for Los Angeles and San Diego but they are a bit too dry, and the air and water quality isnt good there, and the weather is too consistent and boring. When I went to Los Angeles in February 2010, it was sunny and warm, but the air was horrible! I developed some skin irritation while I was there because of the dryness and bad air quality, and I didnt like breathing outside, like I do in Seattle!

NUB, all good points, I mostly agree. This is how I feel, too.

And don't worry about 415 giving Seattle 432. Don't you see, he is up to something with numbers: 432, 415, 453...

Old 06-15-2010, 11:52 PM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 10 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,923,623 times
415_2sk: Wow!? You were born and raised in Seattle? Im surprised since you dont seem to know ANYTHING about it. Looks like you didnt ever give Seattle enough of a chance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.