Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 02:19 PM

492 posts, read 1,027,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteNCRepublican View Post
I love the South more, then the North by a LOT. I wanna stay below the mason dixon line, y'all hear? I don't fit in at all with Northerners, I'm too conservative, more Religion-friendly then most northerners, I listen to Country Music, and I can NOT stand the noise anymore!

I like ribs, I like country singers, I love God, I'm a firebreathing supporter of the Republican Party, I love it below the Mason Dixon Line.

Because that's where it's at
Are you serious?.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2010, 02:27 PM

4,882 posts, read 5,015,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
not picking on you, but i find it funny that if a northerner were to say "i don't want to move to the south because it's too conservative, too republican, too religious, too country" they'd be torn a new one seven days 'till sunday for being "stereotypical" !!!! LOL
They say it everyday.

Old 07-16-2010, 02:27 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,648,553 times
I was born and raised in The Bronx and lived there till I was 25.
I now live in a semi rural area of Florida and would never move back.
For the record, I am not at all religious and hate country music but this has never been an issue down here.

Old 07-16-2010, 02:39 PM

767 posts, read 2,292,018 times
DELTA is ready when you are.

Old 07-16-2010, 02:45 PM

16,075 posts, read 21,154,079 times
I think most people have fond memories of where they lived as young children.
I think too at your age it's normal to be bored with the area you've spent most of your life and have the urge to go somewhere different.
So I think for you to want to go back to the place of your childhood is a pretty strong pull for you.

But... living in NJ is not going to be like spending your vacations there. It's one thing to Know about the cold, and another to have to get up every morning and put on six layers of clothing to stay warm.
Having said that I think that if you do a lot of research so that you have a good idea of what to expect as far as living there year round, then do it. You're bored and looking for a new experience, you might as well make it someplace that holds an attraction for you.

FWIW I'm a Michigan gal that moved to the deep south, and then back up to TN. I will always miss the place I grew up but I don't think I will ever live there again as I have become too accustomed to southern weather and southern ways.

Old 07-16-2010, 02:51 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,694,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
They say it everyday.
who is "they"? the northerners or the southerners?

Old 07-16-2010, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
I think most people have fond memories of where they lived as young children.
I think too at your age it's normal to be bored with the area you've spent most of your life and have the urge to go somewhere different.
So I think for you to want to go back to the place of your childhood is a pretty strong pull for you.

But... living in NJ is not going to be like spending your vacations there. It's one thing to Know about the cold, and another to have to get up every morning and put on six layers of clothing to stay warm.
Having said that I think that if you do a lot of research so that you have a good idea of what to expect as far as living there year round, then do it. You're bored and looking for a new experience, you might as well make it someplace that holds an attraction for you.

FWIW I'm a Michigan gal that moved to the deep south, and then back up to TN. I will always miss the place I grew up but I don't think I will ever live there again as I have become too accustomed to southern weather and southern ways.
OMG! You have to be kidding! LOL

Old 07-16-2010, 03:19 PM

16,075 posts, read 21,154,079 times
Well, yes it's an exaggeration, the point being that knowing about something is not the same as living it.
I didn't think an average summer temp of 80-85 degrees sounded so bad either, until I got to Florida and got smacked in the face with humidity like I had never experienced before.

Old 07-16-2010, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Well, yes it's an exaggeration, the point being that knowing about something is not the same as living it.
I didn't think an average summer temp of 80-85 degrees sounded so bad either, until I got to Florida and got smacked in the face with humidity like I had never experienced before.
Ok cool. I agree with this.

Old 07-16-2010, 03:55 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,389,527 times
Just like all parts of the "North" aren't the same, all parts of the "South" are not the same. You shouldn't need to be told this.

I grew up in SC and I wouldn't particularly want to live in middle TN. Or most parts of TN, for that matter.

I mean, could I judge NJ by my experiences in Ohio?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.