Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 07:05 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdub1968 View Post
I definitely would not move, drug dealers are everywhere. But don't just look the other way!
Drug dealing is not everywhere. It is where people allow it to be. It won't be near me if I know about it. I guess I am not too smart; I once told an international drug dealer that I was calling the police if his car was parked in front of my house for 15 more minutes. I didn't know he was an international drug dealer, I just knew that he had no business being parked there where my children were playing.

My other neighbor called me a few months later and told me to turn on the TV because this man and his mother were walking up the steps of the courthouse in a major city. They had been arrested for international drug dealing. I had a few shaky moments after that realizing how much I could have been in danger. If I had it to do over again, I would call the police without warning the person beforehand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2010, 07:10 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
If you live in an apartment, you really need to tell the property manager. Otherwise, keep an eye out and see if you can get the licence plate number(s) of the car(s) and provide them to the police.

Yes, I would be concerned because many times drug dealing leads to other violent crimes. You just never know when it could go horribly wrong.
No she does not need to do anything but call the police and let them deal with the information. If they find her keeping an eye on them, she could be dead before the police ever hear about it. I would never tell anyone but the professional crime people. The building super could be part of the ring. Call the police and tell them what you thought you saw and move. You don't need to be where drug dealing is going on.

Old 09-24-2010, 07:20 AM

1,452 posts, read 2,992,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Drug dealing is not everywhere. It is where people allow it to be. It won't be near me if I know about it.
The thing is, a lot of places you don't know about it. It is not like they stand on the corner and wave dime bags around everywhere.

I've lived in some high end neighborhoods in MI, and they were there too. I went to high schools with a lot of rich kids and there were more drugs there than any other school I went to.

Don't be naive, one of your neighbors could be selling weed/coke/meth and you just don't know. The smart ones make their deals in large quantities away from their house so the neighbors have no idea.

So if she were to move, how do you know you don't move to where more dealing is going on? It's not like the realtor will tell you. Take action in your neighborhood, period.

Last edited by rdub1968; 09-24-2010 at 07:22 AM.. Reason: add comment

Old 09-24-2010, 07:23 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,408,717 times
Quote:
Drug dealing is not everywhere.
Boy would you be in for a shock if you really knew.

It's everywhere from the low end neighborhoods where dealers give out a little for free to get kids hooked, and the ultra ritzy neighborhoods where people have the money for <ahem> the good stuff.

Because a good dealer wants to go where the professionals reside with all of that money.

Old 09-24-2010, 07:31 AM

716 posts, read 1,545,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatmom6722 View Post
Hi All,
quickly hand the guy in the passengers side a bag of weed then the car suddenly pulled off....
Is weed all that serious? Back in CA a good 80% of my friends smoked weed. I thought it was like this everywhere? I would not care if my neighbors traded or smoked weed but that is just my opinion.

Old 09-24-2010, 07:58 AM

1,452 posts, read 2,992,683 times
I have no problems whatsoever if my neighbors smoked it. But selling it is a whole different thing, especially if it creates unwanted traffic in the neighborhood. Plus I have kids and that adds more risk to it.

Old 09-24-2010, 08:04 AM

8,402 posts, read 24,229,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteCharlotte View Post
Is weed all that serious? Back in CA a good 80% of my friends smoked weed. I thought it was like this everywhere? I would not care if my neighbors traded or smoked weed but that is just my opinion.
Yes it's terrible, didn't you know? The government says if I smoke pot I will 100% absolutely go on a violent crime spree (oh wait, that was only blacks, and I'm white, so never mind) and will then do coke and heroin (pot being the gateway drug that it is) until my life spins out of control. The government did studies to show that all potsmokers follow this path, so it must be true.

It's one more thing the government spends billions of $$$ on trying to control that's a complete waste of money and resources. Legalize it, legislate it, tax it, and the crime aspect goes away and we can eat into the national debt just a tiny little bit. Didn't we learn anything from prohibition?

Old 09-24-2010, 08:21 AM

3,115 posts, read 7,136,021 times
Quote:
No she does not need to do anything but call the police and let them deal with the information. If they find her keeping an eye on them, she could be dead before the police ever hear about it. I would never tell anyone but the professional crime people. The building super could be part of the ring. Call the police and tell them what you thought you saw and move. You don't need to be where drug dealing is going on.
Good lord, your posts are cracking me up! A pot dealer isn't going to have some super secret, well armed drug ring including his landlord. Real life is not Law & Order, and yes, they are EVERYWHERE. I know someone who lives in a McMansion in a very affluent neighborhood in Waxhaw and she has pot dealers living next door - as they have been for the past five years. She says they are great neighbors who wave and say hello, keep their property clean and well kept, and don't bother anyone.

OP, if you are uncomfortable, move. Even though 99% of us realize that pot is no big deal, I also understand wanting to shelter your children from drugs for a little while longer. I think most of us, myself included, prefer to live in the dark about stuff like this.

Old 09-24-2010, 08:23 AM

1,076 posts, read 2,369,306 times
I agree that weed is not a big deal, but like others stated, it may not only be weed being sold. And regardless, it does put children in the neighborhood at risk. If my neighbor sold it by driving elsewhere, selling elsewhere, and putting himself only at risk, hey by all means, go for it. Would I move?? That made me LOL, NO! Like previously stated, it is everywhere. I would keep an eye on it, make an anonymous call to police letting them know, and go about my business. I wouldnt let my child play anywhere NEAR them. Just be careful and be aware of your surroundings.

Old 09-24-2010, 08:25 AM

12 posts, read 16,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatmom6722 View Post
...this guy being here illegally since he's not on his girlfriends lease...

The thing about illegals is, if the first and most gratifying act that they do in this country is illegal then I'd doubt they would have a problem doing anything else illegal. I grew up in Charlotte and watched the sleepy country town become a city. My work has taken me all over the US in the past ten years and I've watched great places like Colorado, Wyoming, and Washington State where in some places people still left their front doors and cars unlocked, become just as crime infested and dangerous as the big cities. It's not a good scene, but I guess it's inevitable as long as we let this ponzi scheme fester. I plan to move to Canada in the near future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.