Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 06:31 AM

149 posts, read 328,232 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

Yesterday afternoon/early evening I was walking with my 4 year old to go shopping. As we were walking towards the parking lot where I live, I saw a car suddenly pull up and one of my neighbors coming out of his house go to the car quickly hand the guy in the passengers side a bag of weed then the car suddenly pulled off....

Now I know some of you ask "How do you know what he handed the guy in the car?" Well, I know he sells the stuff because one of the tenant committee members complained of this guy being here illegally since he's not on his girlfriends lease, plus there's traffic going in and out. I know weed is everywhere and is legal in some states for medical purposes but am I being a prude since seeing this made me feel uncomfortable. Also, if you saw this, would it make you think of moving? I just asked a friend and she says she wouldn't be concerned. I don't know.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2010, 06:35 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,411,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatmom6722 View Post
Hi All,

Yesterday afternoon/early evening I was walking with my 4 year old to go shopping. As we were walking towards the parking lot where I live, I saw a car suddenly pull up and one of my neighbors coming out of his house go to the car quickly hand the guy in the passengers side a bag of weed then the car suddenly pulled off....

Now I know some of you ask "How do you know what he handed the guy in the car?" Well, I know he sells the stuff because one of the tenant committee members complained of this guy being here illegally since he's not on his girlfriends lease, plus there's traffic going in and out. I know weed is everywhere and is legal in some states for medical purposes but am I being a prude since seeing this made me feel uncomfortable. Also, if you saw this, would it make you think of moving? I just asked a friend and she says she wouldn't be concerned. I don't know.....
I'm sure glad you didn't know me back in the day.

Old 09-24-2010, 06:37 AM

149 posts, read 328,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
So what are you implying Brian? You used to do the same thing "Back in the day"?

Old 09-24-2010, 06:39 AM

7,041 posts, read 15,044,665 times
If you live in an apartment, you really need to tell the property manager. Otherwise, keep an eye out and see if you can get the licence plate number(s) of the car(s) and provide them to the police.

Yes, I would be concerned because many times drug dealing leads to other violent crimes. You just never know when it could go horribly wrong.

Old 09-24-2010, 06:40 AM

747 posts, read 2,106,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
I think smoking weed is one thing, dealing out of your house is another. Growing up in Miami, quite often I SAW deals go bad. Of course, it was coke, not weed, but either way, I wouldnt take a chance on my child being hurt by some pissed off drug dealer. What you should do is another thing though. If you have a community board, maybe send them an anonymous notice of what you are seeing?

Old 09-24-2010, 06:43 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,640,043 times
I would be concerned, I would move and I would call the police.

A few years back I was on the jury of a murder trial. After the trial I sat down and started to analyze why the young innocent girl was murdered. The answer was that she had been murdered because the people in the neighborhood had watched drug dealing for months and maybe years and did nothing about it.

She was mistaken for one of the dealers, was in the same spot where they had been doing business a few hours earlier and was killed by someone that had been cheated by the drug dealers.

You cannot sit by and do nothing about crime when you know it is going on.

Different place, different people, different values happened in our neighborhood. Neighbors noticed something wrong going on at the next door neighbors. They called the sheriff and reported that something was wrong. The result was about 17 people being arrested for major crimes.

Law enforcement cannot do the job by themselves. We have to sometimes be their eyes and ears and let them finish the job.

Old 09-24-2010, 06:47 AM

1,452 posts, read 2,993,530 times
So, where does this guy live? If he didn't bring me on as a customer I would turn him in ASAP

But seriously, I would start watching his house more to be sure. I would be concerned someone was selling drugs in my neighborhood - no matter what it was. I am a proponent for legalization but you just don't know the clientele this guy can be attracting.

Don't just look the other way, that is how neighborhoods start to decline. It might be only weed but could also be harder drugs like coke or heroin.

Old 09-24-2010, 06:48 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,640,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikealialex View Post
I think smoking weed is one thing, dealing out of your house is another. Growing up in Miami, quite often I SAW deals go bad. Of course, it was coke, not weed, but either way, I wouldnt take a chance on my child being hurt by some pissed off drug dealer. What you should do is another thing though. If you have a community board, maybe send them an anonymous notice of what you are seeing?
Our soldiers are overseas fighting for our freedom, but there is a worse thing happening inside our country and if this is to be stopped, we will have to become brave too and put our country ahead of our lives. I was taught that you do the right thing no matter what the circumstances. If your life is more important than your country, you don't deserve to live here.

Old 09-24-2010, 06:50 AM

1,452 posts, read 2,993,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I would be concerned, I would move and I would call the police.

I definitely would not move, drug dealers are everywhere. But don't just look the other way!

Old 09-24-2010, 07:01 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,411,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatmom6722 View Post
So what are you implying Brian? You used to do the same thing "Back in the day"?
Back in the day I would've been the guy in the passengers seat, but that's a whole different story.

Would I be concerned? If there's traffic constantly going in and out around your place, then you just start to wonder what type of person your neighbor is selling to, and then you wonder what else is going on. So provided that this person is really selling weed (it sounds like it, but it sounds like you don't really know for sure), I might be concerned a little. Definitely more if I had kids. Just because you don't know what element these folks are attracting and what else is being dealt. Again, this is provided you know for sure this place is someone's drug dealing home base. I'd be wary but I certainly wouldn't move.

I remember back in Old Bridge there was a couple who lived on the second floor from us....one up and over. And they seemed nice enough, even if she came off as a bit flaky. We would see cars coming in and out, several New York license plates, etc.. We thought something might be up but weren't too concerned with it. Eventually they moved. One day I come home, there's a NY plate outside, and it seemed odd enough to tell my wife, "just watch, something's about to go down." About an hour later there's cops everywhere, tearing their old place up. Turns out it was subbing as a meth lab. They had five phone lines, a few of them under the floor, and I forget what else they supposedly found. And at the time it was one of those "I can't believe it could happen here" kind of places, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.