Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 07:54 AM

5,509 posts, read 11,872,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdub1968 View Post
Yeah, as long as you aren't hooked on it and start snorting all your profits.
Is coke that popular anymore? I hear most about meth and heroin, and I thought coke largely died out. Not literally of course, I have a few people I know who use it occassionally like on birthdays or special occassions, but certainly not daily/weekly like weed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2010, 08:50 AM

1,805 posts, read 2,366,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by west336 View Post
Well I guess I know/knew people who grew their own $hit, or hauled in truckloads of it across borders until his dumba$$ got busted. Those people were reeling in money.

Let's say weed was legalized, I'd guess that half of the nations violent crime would disappear and more than half of our prisons would be vacant for "real" offenders.
Yeah, that was back in the day.

A lot of folks sold weed since the penalty wasn't bad if you got caught.

You get caught with 40-50 dollars worth of coke, you're doing atleastttt a year.

Old 09-29-2010, 08:54 AM

1,805 posts, read 2,366,628 times
Back to OP

I think you should just mind your business.

The fact that you know he's living there "illegally" tells me you know wayy too much about your neighbors. I would be weird-ed out if my neighbor knew who comes in and out of my house.

Old 09-29-2010, 11:02 AM

116 posts, read 216,822 times
I agree you should mind your business, I know a lot of people would disagree with that because of your family, but I think you can be putting your family in just as much danger by going to the police, depending on how these people operate. And why put another "offender" in prison they are going to get 3 hots and a cot off your dollar.

Old 09-30-2010, 06:42 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,799,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatmom6722 View Post
Hi All,

Yesterday afternoon/early evening I was walking with my 4 year old to go shopping. As we were walking towards the parking lot where I live, I saw a car suddenly pull up and one of my neighbors coming out of his house go to the car quickly hand the guy in the passengers side a bag of weed then the car suddenly pulled off....

Now I know some of you ask "How do you know what he handed the guy in the car?" Well, I know he sells the stuff because one of the tenant committee members complained of this guy being here illegally since he's not on his girlfriends lease, plus there's traffic going in and out. I know weed is everywhere and is legal in some states for medical purposes but am I being a prude since seeing this made me feel uncomfortable. Also, if you saw this, would it make you think of moving? I just asked a friend and she says she wouldn't be concerned. I don't know.....
I would be more apt to listen to that friend who advised you not to be concerned, or to ask you if you are as concerned with other issues that may be quietly and insidiously,
reducing your quality of life here in New York. How's the groundwater there where you live, has the aquifer become laden with PBC's yet? Are there cellphone towers in your area
which may be broadcasting spurious frequency waves to your brain and setting up a fertile condition for brain tumors? Are all of the facts in on the microwave there in your kitchen,
and it too, may be proven at a later date, to have affected you in some detrimental way. Are there MS13, Bloods, Crips or Latin Kings there where you live? These growing gangs are
a bigger and greater threat to you than the guy down the block who is smoking or dealing small weight pot. If the issue is that you feel this insecure that you'd be willing to pick up
and move, where else on earth could a normal middle class, economically strapped, New Yorker, as I believe you are, move? How can you be sure that Charlotte will be the place for
you? I could be wrong about this but I'm fairly certain that there are some pot smokers and even dealers, there in Charlotte.

America is in the throes of Paradise Lost. The outlook has never been grimmer than at this time in history. The illegals affect the taxes and the drugs, the drugs affect the
communities, the cost of living and surviving is going up every day, crime rises across the board and yet people seem to "strain out the gnat and gulp down the camel" when it becomes
time for you to compare or prioritize the danger of worrying about the simple pot user and thus, confusing that individual with the big time movers and the drug lords. In arriving at the
understanding or standard which would determine the validity of marijuana, that deduction should be made in light of the negative as well as the positive aspects of the issue, not just
overstating the dogmatic points which seem to make every case for those opposed to decriminalization.

We pot smokers are hopeful about change, like Obama promised us change, we have advocates working for change.
It may not be this year or next year but sooner than later,
our politicians will come to realize that there is real benefit in legalizing marijuana. God knows, they've been picking our pockets to support a losing war on marijuana, maybe, just maybe,
one day soon, they'll run out of taxable resources and be forced to reassess the 80 year old campaign that they've waged against it. Our day WILL come...

Old 04-27-2011, 02:27 PM

1 posts, read 1,064 times
drug dealers are only a problem when they think they are gangsters or are gang related in which case you have someone wanting to be a drug cartel thug like in the movies so you have crime coming along with it

Old 04-28-2011, 10:48 PM

639 posts, read 1,289,202 times
Just chill out. The dude was just selling a little dimebag of weed. Hes probably unemployed an does that for extra money or has a crappy job an does it for the same reasons.

Hes not selling weight, hes selling dimebags, so he probably doesn't even has a gun and may be anti-violence himself. Theres a good chance hes not even a real dealer, just a pothead who supports his habit by selling some to his stoner friends from his school days.

As for his customers they are probably all lazy stoners, not criminals. They are not going to rob him even if they are career criminals who rob people because he is just a bag seller. Hes broke and never has any money or weight on him. Hes really no threat to anyone in the game so no one is going to threaten him.
Just let him do his job an leave him alone.

People who are saying drugs = violence prove to someone who knows a thing or two about drug violence and grew up around it that they are niave.

Heroin, crack, pills, and meth = violence due to users being addicted and the big money that can be made off of it.

Weight of weed = violence. If your neighbor was selling pounds of weed it would be different. People would want to rob, and rivals would want to take him out. If your selling weed by the pound your almost always either a grower hippie with a gun and security system, or a violent gangster with a gun and security system.

Someone selling dime bags outside his house probably doesn't even own a gun. He doesn't need one and probably can't even afford one. He is about as threatening to the neighbors as someone selling candy or having a garage sale. Hes only making $5 profit per bag and unlike crack his customers are not addicted and willing to do anything for another hit.

Old 04-28-2011, 11:02 PM

639 posts, read 1,289,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by west336 View Post
I use to think the same thing, but most of America's violent crime stems from the sale of marijuana, not heroin, cocain, etc. It's a passive drug but the profits dealers can make off of it are insane and the competition out there is intense. Any time there is illegal money to be made and it's going on in your neighborhood I'd try to make a change or move.

If the neighbor was just a smoker or weed, then I'd agree with you, but not dealing it.
Fool this dude is selling individual bags outside of his house. He is not making big money. The violence associated with weed comes from people who he doesn't even know, heres the heirachchy...

Dude1: Buys 100 pounds, sells it 10 at a time
Dude2: Buys 10 pounds, sells it 2 at a time
Dude3: Buys 2 pound, Sells it a half pound at a time
Dude4: Buys 1 pound, sells it a quarter pound at a time

Dude5: Buys half pound, Sells it in ounces at a time
Dude6: Buys quarter pound, sells it in half & eigth ounces an dimes at a time
Dude7 (your neighbor) Buys an ounce, sells it a dime at a time.

99% of the time dude7 doesn't know dude5, and dude3 never knows dude1. The bolded ones are involved and responsible for 99% Marijuana related violence for obvious reasons. Because thats where the money is made, thats the aspect of the game that violent gangs fight for and control. Thats why the Mexico bordertowns are violent. Because alot of weight is being sold there. Dudes are buying and selling in quantities of 100 pounds or more at a time and violence does come with that because those are 100K+ transactions between organized crime syndicates.

This guy is multiple levels down the food chain from even being associated with any violent individuals. I highly doubt he even knows people that commit felonies on a weekly basis and they probably don't know or care about him.

Old 04-29-2011, 02:51 AM

4,112 posts, read 9,063,305 times
Drug dealing is in every neighborhood.

Gated Community Interviews Dozens For Exclusive Drug Dealer Position | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Old 04-30-2011, 07:01 PM

27 posts, read 49,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
Back in the day I would've been the guy in the passengers seat, but that's a whole different story.

Would I be concerned? If there's traffic constantly going in and out around your place, then you just start to wonder what type of person your neighbor is selling to, and then you wonder what else is going on. So provided that this person is really selling weed (it sounds like it, but it sounds like you don't really know for sure), I might be concerned a little. Definitely more if I had kids. Just because you don't know what element these folks are attracting and what else is being dealt. Again, this is provided you know for sure this place is someone's drug dealing home base. I'd be wary but I certainly wouldn't move.

I remember back in Old Bridge there was a couple who lived on the second floor from us....one up and over. And they seemed nice enough, even if she came off as a bit flaky. We would see cars coming in and out, several New York license plates, etc.. We thought something might be up but weren't too concerned with it. Eventually they moved. One day I come home, there's a NY plate outside, and it seemed odd enough to tell my wife, "just watch, something's about to go down." About an hour later there's cops everywhere, tearing their old place up. Turns out it was subbing as a meth lab. They had five phone lines, a few of them under the floor, and I forget what else they supposedly found. And at the time it was one of those "I can't believe it could happen here" kind of places, too.
Truth is there are few neighborhoods you won't find drugs being bought or sold (illegal or scripts) these days. I would concerned if were too overt. If so keep your eyes open, identify the perps and location, then make an annonymous to your local drug task agency.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.