Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is the most beautiful state in the US
Alabama 3 1.28%
Alaska 16 6.81%
Arizona 11 4.68%
Arkansas 3 1.28%
California 41 17.45%
Colorado 15 6.38%
Conneticut 2 0.85%
Delaware 0 0%
Florida 4 1.70%
Georgia 1 0.43%
Hawaii 17 7.23%
Idaho 7 2.98%
Illinois 2 0.85%
Indiana 2 0.85%
Iowa 1 0.43%
Kansas 0 0%
Kentucky 2 0.85%
Louisianna 4 1.70%
Maine 5 2.13%
Maryland 0 0%
Massachusetts 1 0.43%
Michigan 6 2.55%
Minnesota 3 1.28%
Mississipi 1 0.43%
Missouri 2 0.85%
Montana 2 0.85%
Nebraska 1 0.43%
Nevada 0 0%
New Hampshire 0 0%
New Jersey 2 0.85%
New Mexico 6 2.55%
New York 7 2.98%
North Carolina 4 1.70%
North Dakota 0 0%
Ohio 3 1.28%
Oklahoma 0 0%
Oregon 9 3.83%
Pennsylvania 6 2.55%
Rhode Island 1 0.43%
South Carolina 0 0%
South Dakota 0 0%
Tennessee 7 2.98%
Texas 4 1.70%
Utah 4 1.70%
Vermont 2 0.85%
Virginia 3 1.28%
Washington 19 8.09%
West Virginia 4 1.70%
Wisconsin 1 0.43%
Wyoming 1 0.43%
Voters: 235. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 10:57 PM

3,969 posts, read 13,663,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Washington. Hands down. The ugly parts just add to its diversity.
Haha...

That is really kinda true. Washington State offers extrordinary beauty, (Mt. Rainier, the San Juans, the Olympics, the Cascades, Puget Sound, etc.) but it can be VERY average in other locations. Overall, though, WA state is near the top. CA will win this poll due to population, but WA is right behind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2010, 08:18 AM

614 posts, read 1,764,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballfreak View Post
So true. California is the most unique state in the whole country. No other state has mountains, deserts, hills, lakes, tall redwoods, and beautiful beaches in such a short distance! We have it all here! We are spoiled here, especially in SoCal
You obviously haven't been to the Santa Catalina Mounains or the Pinaleno Mountains in Arizona. The Pinaleno Mountains especially according to the nature conservancy "they traverse five ecological communities and contain "the highest diversity of habitats of any mountain range in North America."

Old 10-16-2010, 01:44 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,386,687 times
Those are beautiful photos of California, Footballfreak Ultimately the photos tell the story that there is nowhere in America as geographically diverse and scenically beautiful as California. In some ways it is strange that one state can have such incredible differences in topography and magnificent beauty. When the Spanish discovered California they thought they had found paradise; and they did!

Old 10-16-2010, 02:11 PM

2,598 posts, read 4,924,801 times
Everyone I know who has been to Alaska, feels nothing compares to Alaska's beauty. I haven't been there, so I can't say. I believe you can find awe-inspiring beauty in a LOT of states - obviously, some more than others. I don't have a favorite; it all depends on perspective and personal preference. I, for one, prefer a quiet beauty.

Old 10-16-2010, 02:30 PM

53 posts, read 82,659 times
For me, the New England states, New Hampshire,Vermont and Maine.

absolute beautiful places.

i was in those states about 3 years ago and was taken back by the scenery, i was gobsmacked.

Old 10-16-2010, 06:53 PM

614 posts, read 1,764,509 times
Football freak you didn't prove anything to me. The original post i was responding to the person said they have so many different areas in such a short distance but i proved that wrong. I aint going to go find pictures but Arizona has desert, plains,canyons, mountains, alpine, a variety of types of forest, rivers, and the oh so many transition zones. Arizona can match california on just about every level except for oceans.

Old 10-16-2010, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckzona View Post
Football freak you didn't prove anything to me. The original post i was responding to the person said they have so many different areas in such a short distance but i proved that wrong. I aint going to go find pictures but Arizona has desert, plains,canyons, mountains, alpine, a variety of types of forest, rivers, and the oh so many transition zones. Arizona can match california on just about every level except for oceans.
Arizona is one of the most beautiful states in the nation; the Grand Canyon is considered one of the wonders of the world. I have photos of Arizona but you should be posting them because I am too lazy to look them up! Seriously, Arizona, California, Utah, New Mexico, Colorado, Oregon, Washington, Idaho and Montana are the jewels of America [also Alaska and Hawaii]. Any state that has mountains, deserts, forests are going to be more impressive than states that are just plains and rivers. That is why the western U.S. is the most beautiful section of North America.

Old 10-16-2010, 07:02 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,172,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Arizona is one of the most beautiful states in the nation; the Grand Canyon is considered one of the wonders of the world. I have photos of Arizona but you should be posting them because I am too lazy to look them up! Seriously, Arizona, California, Utah, New Mexico, Colorado, Oregon, Washington, Idaho and Montana are the jewels of America [also Alaska and Hawaii]. Any state that has mountains, deserts, forests are going to be more impressive than states that are just plains and rivers. That is why the western U.S. is the most beautiful section of North America.
agreed! States with nothing but fields and plains are ugly imo.

Old 10-16-2010, 07:48 PM

1,134 posts, read 3,190,073 times
I like the west better but I think westerners are a little snobby in their idea of beauty. I've spent all week in Western North carolina in the blue ridge mountains and they are as pretty as anything I've seen out west. When I get back home I'll load some pictures of these waterfalls in great smokey mountain national park. Keep in mind I said I prefer the west, but nothing in the west can touch the fall in the area.

Old 10-16-2010, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knrstz View Post
I like the west better but I think westerners are a little snobby in their idea of beauty. I've spent all week in Western North carolina in the blue ridge mountains and they are as pretty as anything I've seen out west. When I get back home I'll load some pictures of these waterfalls in great smokey mountain national park. Keep in mind I said I prefer the west, but nothing in the west can touch the fall in the area.
No doubt about it. I have never seen the Carolina states other than photos. But a state that has forests, mountains and a coastline is definitely more beautiful than a state than has none of these things. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but looking at a corn field in Kansas or the the Great Smokey Mts during autumn in North Carolina is vastly different when it comes to scenic visions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.