Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2010, 08:10 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,410,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmusmc85 View Post
Were you a slave? Did you have to work in a plantation? I highly doubt it. Though it may be a possible that you have been denied home ownership or had to suffer the injustice of racial segregation, but then maybe you are to young for that.

Let's be honest. The vast majority of African Americans that are in prison never had to deal with that. They may have heard of it being done to older family members, but I would venture to say that the great majority of them were just brought up in a culture of laziness and self pity. They assume that everyone who is not of their skin tone is out to get them so therefore try very little to improve their lot in life. And anyone who points out their lack of commitment and value of education is called a racist.

Martin Luther King would be turning over in his grave if he saw the state of African Americans today. Yeah we may have a black (or rather biracial) president but there still is a long way to go. Blacks are becoming their own worst enemy....
i think his point is that the vast majority of african americans are not in jail , poor , sucking on welfare, drinking 40z, and slapping women.

majority of Americans who do real research and look up facts know this stuff. But then yo have ignorant people who rely on their local abc news to let them know how a whole race of people are.

Old 10-27-2010, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Always blaming someone else...
Moderator cut: see comment you said the majority of blacks do this and do this.

any statistics facts will show that majority of Americans Americans are not poor , are in college or some type of education, and the majority are not lazy and sucking on welfare since the African American poverty rate decreased since a decade ago. African American contribute to this country just like every one else and its time that you stop listening to abc news and look up the real facts.

also when we talk about contribution i think you as Mexican should be talking to your own folks about that since many of them come here to send money back to Mexico and not this country.

Last edited by Bo; 10-29-2010 at 08:07 PM.. Reason: I explained this deletion in a Direct Message.

Old 10-27-2010, 08:16 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
First of all, the Blacks are their own worst enemy card is weak as, every group is their own worst enemy due to being around those like you more likely than not.

Also, to just disregard history would be a mistake, because we don't disregard other aspects of American history in regards to how our government works or in terms of founding fathers, among other things.

Many people in prison are in there for non violent offenses and if you did some research, you would see disparities in terms of sentencing and legal representation. Yeah, no one should do drugs, but when you have a different standard of justice, then what does that say about us as a nation?

Also, get over another stereotypical view of what Blacks are talking about in terms of race and that is the mention of slavery. Blacks don't have to mention slavery to talk about racial realities that many deal with, regardless of income level. The recent home loan fiasco is an example of this and even when Blacks have the same or similar income level of Whites, they still were more likely to get suvh crappy loans.

Even the educational thing is overblown, as 4 times more Black males ages 18-24 are in college or some type of post high school educational program than in prison. That's not counting those that are just working or that are in the military. I can post high schools here in NY where the Black graduation rate is higher than the White graduation rate in the same school. There are others where the gap is small and the Black grad. rate is well above the national average of 70%. So, it isn't as simplistic as one might think.
I would like to rep you for this post, but this website won't let me unless I spread some reputation around.

What many people do not get is that the specific persons who are African-American, who are being their worst own enemy are not always the ones who speak the loudest about the issues. It is usually the persons who do care who normally speak up, and they exist in every income bracket. The persons who are being their worst enemy(of any race) probably don't know or don't care.

The statistic about non-violent offenders going to prison(drugs particularly) also plays a part in the recidivism rate. Some offenders go to prison for drugs, and come out knowing how to commit worse crimes.

And the high school graduate rate, interesting you mention that. I recently looked up some statistics on graduation rates for African-Americans. Newark,NJ is leading the nation when it comes to high school graduation rates for African-Americans: Newark, New Jersey leads nation in graduating African American males | AlumniRoundup.com (http://www.alumniroundup.com/2010/08/newark-new-jersey-leads-nation-in-graduating-african-american-males/ - broken link)

Old 10-27-2010, 08:17 PM

1,278 posts, read 2,622,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
i think his point is that the vast majority of african americans are not in jail , poor , sucking on welfare, drinking 40z, and slapping women.

majority of Americans who do real research and look up facts know this stuff. But then yo have ignorant people who rely on their local abc news to let them know how a whole race of people are.
I know that was his point. But he also made the claim that those who were in jail was because of slavery,racism etc....

Old 10-27-2010, 08:19 PM

Quote:
I know that was his point. But he also made the claim that those who were in jail was because of slavery,racism etc....

so if the vast majority of African Americans are contributors to this country then why are you so involved in topics about them?

Old 10-27-2010, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Moderator cut: see comment you said the majority of blacks do this and do this.

any statistics facts will show that majority of Americans Americans are not poor , are in college or some type of education, and the majority are not lazy and sucking on welfare since the African American poverty rate decreased since a decade ago. African American contribute to this country just like every one else and its time that you stop listening to abc news and look up the real facts.

also when we talk about contribution i think you as Mexican should be talking to your own folks about that since many of them come here to send money back to Mexico and not this country.
When did I say that the majority of blacks do "this and this"???

Last edited by Bo; 10-29-2010 at 08:06 PM.. Reason: updated quote to match original

Old 10-27-2010, 08:22 PM

Quote:
When did I say that the majority of blacks do "this and this"???
as i read your post all you do is talk about blacks do this and do that as if your generalizing.

Old 10-27-2010, 08:38 PM

Quote:
so if the vast majority of African Americans are contributors to this country then why are you so involved in topics about them?
And I'm not sure I follow you. What do you mean by "contributors" and am I only allowed to be involved in topics that concern by cultural group?

Old 10-27-2010, 08:53 PM

Quote:
And I'm not sure I follow you. What do you mean by "contributors" and am I only allowed to be involved in topics that concern by cultural group?
contributors? so your going to act like your confused. Many people like yourself come on this site always asking why blacks commit crime and are on welfare which means you do not contribute nothing or the least of it in this country.

my point is that the average black person inst living the stereotype which means we contribute - give to this country like every one else. So get over it instead of asking questions all day about blacks how about you just focus and speak on the poor blacks living in inner ghettos instead of asking "WHY BLACKS"

Old 10-27-2010, 09:18 PM

Quote:
contributors? so your going to act like your confused. Many people like yourself come on this site always asking why blacks commit crime and are on welfare which means you do not contribute nothing or the least of it in this country.

my point is that the average black person inst living the stereotype which means we contribute - give to this country like every one else. So get over it instead of asking questions all day about blacks how about you just focus and speak on the poor blacks living in inner ghettos instead of asking "WHY BLACKS"
Oh lord. Calm down. I can't ask a question now? Contributors can mean a lot of things. I didn't know if you meant as in contributing to American society in a positive or negative way. And I know the average AA person is hard working and decent, like most Americans. But you can't ignore the problems within the community.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.