Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 03:16 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,253,371 times

Advertisements

Where in Texas? I grew up in Texas and loved living there. Hope you have a good time. I don't know what other states you have visited but Texas is definitely like no other! Have fun!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2007, 03:22 PM

2,367 posts, read 7,655,803 times
One word.Chicago!

Old 07-27-2007, 03:23 PM

607 posts, read 2,980,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foma View Post
Where in Texas? I grew up in Texas and loved living there. Hope you have a good time. I don't know what other states you have visited but Texas is definitely like no other! Have fun!
keep in mind texas won the most boring us state award.

Old 07-27-2007, 03:28 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,253,371 times
See, there was no point to slam somebody else's state. What's the point? Is that going to make me dislike Texas any? Not at all.

Old 07-27-2007, 03:38 PM

96 posts, read 275,637 times
Default Laura (minnie)

Hi,
I too think the U.S.A. is great and the people are really good people, as you have found out. I'm from Melbourne Fl. I tried to learn to speak Italian but the is no one to help me here. If you want you can PM me and help me with learning your language. Enjoy your next trip to my country and it is people like you that are really welcome.
LOVE THE U.S.A.

Old 07-27-2007, 10:51 PM

10,214 posts, read 15,927,883 times
Thanks and I would really love to visit Italy sometime too. I know your country is also a wonderful place with good people who know how to enjoy life, some of the best food in the world and countless cultural treasures. The closest unfortunately for me is the fake Venetian canals in Las Vegas.

My family was originally from Taiwan but I was born here and I love this country. I cannot think of living anywhere else. How nice people are in the U.S....really depends on where you go, I guess a small town in Tuscany is probably a lot nicer than let's say Rome or Naples, people-wise. I like to think most Americans are friendly and easygoing, especially in the South and the heartland and in smaller towns everywhere. We also are an optimistic people and despite the disappointments in Iraq and the problems with terrorism and illegal immigration we still have a lot of faith in our nation and believe in the American Dream.

See we are always hopeful and always look for that happy ending in things. So that "life is Beautiful" movie from Italy....if it was made here the guy would never have died for no reason like that!

Old 07-28-2007, 01:01 AM

2,994 posts, read 3,765,311 times
about my trip in Texas, these are the places hat I will visit (2 weeks):

DALLAS
FORT WORTH
ABILENE
AMARILLO
PALO DURO CANYON
FREDERICKSBURG
SAN ANTONIO
SOUTH PADRE ISLAND
CORPUS CHRISTI
GALVESTON
LA PORTE / HUNTSVILLE
AUSTIN
ARLINGTON

These are my stops!

They are many miles but I love this type of trip!

Old 07-28-2007, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVE THE U.S.A. View Post
Hi,
I too think the U.S.A. is great and the people are really good people, as you have found out. I'm from Melbourne Fl. I tried to learn to speak Italian but the is no one to help me here. If you want you can PM me and help me with learning your language. Enjoy your next trip to my country and it is people like you that are really welcome.
LOVE THE U.S.A.
HI!
I have reply at your PM!

I have visited Florida in 2004 ! It's fantastic! My husband loves this State! Miami, Key West, Orlando (Disneyworld...)
You are very lucky!

cheers

Old 07-28-2007, 10:11 AM

332 posts, read 449,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityKing59 View Post
keep in mind texas won the most boring us state award.
Keep in mind, a handful of people off a website does not determine what is a boring state.

Old 07-28-2007, 10:23 AM

I'm sure that in USA, every Statea is beautiful!!!

I have visited California, Arizona, Utah, Nevada, Florida,NYC...and now Texas!
For me, every State that I have visited, is different and wonderful!

I have a beautiful souvenirs!

Thanks USA and thanks USA people!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.