Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 10:10 AM

93,332 posts, read 123,972,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffredo View Post
Minneapolis/St. Paul is the far northern version of Atlanta. Bring your woolies.
Also, the Blake School there fits the school criteria: The Blake School: Home
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2011, 05:29 PM

23 posts, read 95,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Actually, you can find this in Upstate NY. Albany Academy and the Nichols School in Buffalo would fit the bill. You can find newer suburban homes in both areas too. It can get hot during the summer, but rarely in the 90's. Check this out: Browser Not Supported

Browser Not Supported

Upstate New York Real Estate
Albany Academies, while technically one school, learn through "single gender education" under separated division/schools, so it's not truly coeducational.
(The Albany Academies ~Our Mission)

Nichols School is 5-12
(Nichols School)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Took the quiz (thank you for sharing), and surprise, all of the results were in the northeastern U.S., except for Ketchikan, Alaska and Brevard, North Carolina which were at the bottom three of the list. Now I just have to research climate data and schools for each one, and whether or not people can live in suburban homes (it asked about home/rent prices, but that's as far as it goes in regards to homes).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliverbox View Post
I'd probably 2nd LA. Its warm but it doesn't get hot either. SF would probably be even more so. Just keep in mind those 2 places are expensive.
L.A. has a record high temperature of 113 °F , which occurred last year, in 2010.
(Los Angeles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Quote:
Minneapolis/St. Paul is the far northern version of Atlanta. Bring your woolies.
Quote:
Also, the Blake School there fits the school criteria: The Blake School: Home
Ooh, looking into Minneapolis and St. Paul. And probably Cincinnati and Detroit and the other major cities that I forgot to look at, because it wasn't on a coast.

Thank you everyone for sharing info!

Old 04-21-2011, 05:33 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,549,515 times
Quote:
The record high has been a bit above 99, though.

Old 04-21-2011, 05:48 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,810,197 times
Quote:
Actually, you can find this in Upstate NY. Albany Academy and the Nichols School in Buffalo would fit the bill. You can find newer suburban homes in both areas too. It can get hot during the summer, but rarely in the 90's. Check this out: Browser Not Supported

Browser Not Supported

Upstate New York Real Estate
The record high for Albany was 100 degrees Albany, New York - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia...per the OP's request, and I quote, "...or a record high not above 99 F".

Old 04-21-2011, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
The record high for Albany was 100 degrees Albany, New York - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia...per the OP's request, and I quote, "...or a record high not above 99 F".
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac n cheese View Post
little to no weather above 95 F (or a record high not above 99 F).
According to weather.com (The Weather Channel), record high in Albany is actually 103 F, which was in 1936.
Oops, forgot link: (http://www.weather.com/outlook/healt...graph/USNY0011)

Old 04-21-2011, 07:05 PM

I think Minneapolis might be it.
But regarding the school and it's religious aspect:
Thirty-Nine Years of Short-Term ... - Google Books

Does anyone know if The Blake School is actually secular (or is it simply nonsectarian, but Protestant/division of Christian based)?

Old 04-21-2011, 07:17 PM

If you don't mind the NYC area, schools like the Dalton School, Rye Country Day, the Hackley School, the Brunswick School(CT), Poly Prep, Horace Mann, Riverdale Country, Fieldston and many more in the area.

St. Paul Academy and Mounds Park Academy fit for the Twin Cities metro. I'm sure there are others that fit.

Old 04-21-2011, 07:36 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,549,515 times
Quote:

Does anyone know if The Blake School is actually secular (or is it simply nonsectarian, but Protestant/division of Christian based)?
I believe Blake is nonsectarian.

Old 04-21-2011, 07:39 PM

50 posts, read 144,825 times
Los Angeles. Very modern and urban, but still has some history. The weather can be a bit unpredictable but it is rarely over 80 or under 50.

Old 04-21-2011, 07:49 PM

Quote:

I believe that it is secular now, as some schools change over time. There are examples in my area like Syracuse University was a Methodist based school until 1972 and the Manlius-Pebble Hill school is a combination of a former Episcopal based military school and a secular school: Manlius Pebble Hill School: A Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 12 Private School near Syracuse, New York
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.