Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2011, 12:35 PM

986 posts, read 2,509,002 times

Advertisements

I'm a Republican patriot looking for a town where the AQMD won't tell me what to burn, where I can remove my catalytic converter for extra power after I pass smog, and they don't have fish plaques on storm drains.

I want to live where they let me spray whatever I like in my backyard because I OWN the land, do I not? Sometimes I like to plink "protected" species that stray into my yard. No big loss. Remember, I own the land, not the government. Anything that comes onto my land should be my business.

I also dislike noise ordinances and speed limits cause I got a Harley with a Samson and I like to tune my GTO on weekends. Is that too much to ask of a "free" country? Yeah, right. Free for the elitists but not the working man.

Someone sent me this list of 10 good cities but I don't want to live in Bakersfield or L.A.

10 most polluted cities in the U.S.*Pictures - CBS News

Please advise on a place where a man and his family can be free of the eco-fascism that's destroying the U.S. economy and quality of life. Thanks all.

P.S. Bachmann 2012!

Old 08-05-2011, 02:42 PM

396 posts, read 601,746 times
mmm air so brown you can taste it

http://www.treehugger.com/20091109-los-angeles-smog.jpg (broken link)

Old 08-05-2011, 03:22 PM

5,888 posts, read 13,010,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ca_north View Post
I'm a Republican patriot looking for a town where the AQMD won't tell me what to burn, where I can remove my catalytic converter for extra power after I pass smog, and they don't have fish plaques on storm drains.

I want to live where they let me spray whatever I like in my backyard because I OWN the land, do I not? Sometimes I like to plink "protected" species that stray into my yard. No big loss. Remember, I own the land, not the government. Anything that comes onto my land should be my business.

I also dislike noise ordinances and speed limits cause I got a Harley with a Samson and I like to tune my GTO on weekends. Is that too much to ask of a "free" country? Yeah, right. Free for the elitists but not the working man.

Someone sent me this list of 10 good cities but I don't want to live in Bakersfield or L.A.

10 most polluted cities in the U.S.*Pictures - CBS News

Please advise on a place where a man and his family can be free of the eco-fascism that's destroying the U.S. economy and quality of life. Thanks all.

P.S. Bachmann 2012!
I trace ironic sarcasm in your post.

Old 08-05-2011, 09:43 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,116,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinsdalePirahna View Post
I trace ironic sarcasm in your post.
I sense an attempt to discuss national politics in a forum where discussing it is not allowed. That's why the thread is now closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.