Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 03:14 AM

716 posts, read 1,237,727 times

Advertisements

here's another one. man gets murdered by a random for $8 and a cell phone. Stuff like this does not happen regularily in other states. Deputies: Man murdered for $8 and a cell phone
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2011, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
Oh please. Nothing in Tampa comes close to being as dangerous as the neighborhoods surrounding the French Quarter.

Tampa's homicide rate in 2010: 7.8 per 100,000.

New Orleans homicide rate in 2010: 49.1 per 100,000

If you think Tampa is dangerous, please stay here, because the rest of the world might actually eat you.

United States cities by crime rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I notice the city of Orlando doesn't include Pine Hills or Oak Ridge as part of its city. I'm assuming this is so the crime rate will go down. I assume they do this for certain neighborhoods in tampa 2 if they can get away with it. If you did a county by county crime rate I'm sure it would be much higher.

Old 11-18-2011, 11:21 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,946,158 times
Quote:
Oh please. Nothing in Tampa comes close to being as dangerous as the neighborhoods surrounding the French Quarter.

If you think Tampa is dangerous, please stay here, because the rest of the world might actually eat you.

The rest of the world might eat me? I've been to many hoods.

Old 11-18-2011, 06:28 PM

Even when a Iowa State football player commits a robbery where is he from? Florida. There's a huge culture of robbery in Florida. To deny it is just ignorant.

Iowa State Cyclones WR Albert Gary charged with robbery - ESPN

Old 11-18-2011, 06:31 PM

Quote:

That's the problem you're comparing Tampa to the most dangerous city in America in terms of murder rate. Why are you doing this? No one said there's more murders in tampa than NO but in terms of f***** up murders or murders of completely random innocent people Florida's gotta be right near the top if not the worst in america. Robbery is part of the culture there's no denying it.

Old 02-24-2013, 03:30 AM

490 posts, read 1,097,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLA17 View Post
That's the problem you're comparing Tampa to the most dangerous city in America in terms of murder rate. Why are you doing this? No one said there's more murders in tampa than NO but in terms of f***** up murders or murders of completely random innocent people Florida's gotta be right near the top if not the worst in america. Robbery is part of the culture there's no denying it.
I agree with you: Robbery is part of the culture in Florida, especially in the major cities.

Identify theft is also a major part of Florida's culture, unfortunately. There's no denying that either.

Old 02-24-2013, 10:47 AM

109 posts, read 128,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Wow, that was a pretty sad story you posted. Even Sarasota has hoods. I found this one by accident. I just typed in Pine Hills Orlando in Google and found this. Another tourist killing. Pretty sad. They were planning on taking there kids to Universal Studios.SMH!!! And they were from BROOKLYN of all places!!! Goes to show a city like Orlando known for it's cute, big tourist-filled, theme parks, is just as dangerous as Brooklyn. Pine Hills is a gutta area.

Ongo | Deputies identify woman killed in Pine Hills shooting (http://www.ongo.com/v/1627726/-1/989...hills-shooting - broken link)
Orlando is the 25th largest metro in the country with over 2 million people, of course there is going to be crime, way to be clueless. If you don't like florida, go back to ny, we already have enough people!

Old 02-24-2013, 11:42 AM

3,463 posts, read 5,660,766 times
All the panhandle states are pretty scary, but in the three years I suffered the horrifying Gitmo of south Floridastan, West Palm Beach area, I had 5 serious crime events happen in my house, neighborhood and job. I lived in the Philly area for 35 years and never had that. Dont know or care what stats say, but South Florida is a pretty scary and violent place.
On the bright side, COPS camera crews will always have jobs

Quiz: Are You From Florida

Old 02-25-2013, 08:21 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,946,158 times
^^WPB is especially dangerous.

Old 02-26-2013, 06:09 PM

490 posts, read 1,097,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
^^WPB is especially dangerous.
I agree with you.

For the past few years, I've been coming across a ton of reports which state that WPB is the most dangerous city in South FL and the second most dangerous in FL after St. Petersburg. Apparently, WPB is more dangerous than Miami. That's a little hard to believe, but regardless, most of the large cities in FL are very dangerous.

At least the suburbs in most of FL, especially in South FL, offer plenty of jobs and amenities, meaning that you have very few, if any, reasons to travel to principal cities of FL metropolitan areas. For example, I live and work in Boca, and I can't remember the last time I was in WPB. Lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.