Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 10:42 PM

4,383 posts, read 16,766,060 times

Advertisements

^ you can be fat and tall, or slim and short - unless you have a list that has states based on height, you can't really say that

anyway, I guess im proud to be from MD. Im not so proud as to lie to myself and say its the greatest state, but i am proud to be from the nations richest state. we are richer than everybody else, literally (not really though, just kiddin with ya vegaspilgrim)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2007, 12:21 AM

5,610 posts, read 23,310,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_r2z0 View Post
^ you can be fat and tall, or slim and short - unless you have a list that has states based on height, you can't really say that

anyway, I guess im proud to be from MD. Im not so proud as to lie to myself and say its the greatest state, but i am proud to be from the nations richest state. we are richer than everybody else, literally (not really though, just kiddin with ya vegaspilgrim)
I said Coloradans are "higher" than everybody else, not "taller." High as in 14,000 ft high. Okay, nobody actually lives that high-- but even Denver, at 5,280, is higher up than the highest point in most states. All the major rivers in Colorado originate within the state and flow outward. Guess what that means for people who live downstream?

Old 09-02-2007, 02:58 AM

1,135 posts, read 1,208,107 times
Should I enter this: I'm so proud to be from L. A. I can't tell you how fortunate I feel living in Las Vegas and can go a short distance and be back in the city of my youth. I'm proud to be from California and consider myself a representative here in Nevada. Proud of it's accomplishments, proud of it's effect on the world, all of it. Haven't lived in Los Angeles since 1975, still want to get back! Now that's pride! And that's..ok!

Old 09-02-2007, 09:17 AM

4,383 posts, read 16,766,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post
I said Coloradans are "higher" than everybody else, not "taller." High as in 14,000 ft high. Okay, nobody actually lives that high-- but even Denver, at 5,280, is higher up than the highest point in most states. All the major rivers in Colorado originate within the state and flow outward. Guess what that means for people who live downstream?
OOPS!

California and Alaska stand higher than you

Old 09-02-2007, 09:31 AM

3,742 posts, read 8,396,136 times
If it is a crime to be proud of the area that you live in, then this is not a democracy hehe. I think personally that however you feel about where are you from is however you feel about where you are from, there is no right or wrong way to feel about the area unless your perceptions contradict the facts about it. hehe

Old 09-02-2007, 11:32 AM

167 posts, read 268,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by milquetoast View Post
Should I enter this: I'm so proud to be from L. A. I can't tell you how fortunate I feel living in Las Vegas and can go a short distance and be back in the city of my youth. I'm proud to be from California and consider myself a representative here in Nevada. Proud of it's accomplishments, proud of it's effect on the world, all of it. Haven't lived in Los Angeles since 1975, still want to get back! Now that's pride! And that's..ok!
Los Angeles misses you dearly. Do you plan on moving back any time soon?

Old 09-02-2007, 10:07 PM

1,298 posts, read 4,287,346 times
I've ALWAYS envied people born and raised in one place. I was born in Texas but daddy was an Air Force man so we lived in different places. At least half or more of my childhood was spent in Europe. Military installations with people from all over the U.S. only makes you feel......connected to military brats. But born in Texas and now living here for 30 years - I have a home and it's not the wandering life of military bases.

Old 09-02-2007, 10:38 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasinger View Post
As a Virginian, I feel very proud. I realize its a true gift from God to be a Virginian. Not everyone can share that heritage. After all we are such a beautiful place. A land of gentility and culture. No matter wherever I roam, Virginia will always be my home.
My husband always reminds me that more Presidents come from Virginia than any other state. His family started out in Williamsburg during the colonial days. Although both his parents were born in North Carolina they just happened to be in Virginia when he was born. They moved back to North Carolina shortly thereafter. We have grandchildren who were born in Virginia and North Carolina.

My son loves history. He once pointed out to me that his Dad's relatives had higher rank in the military than my ancestors.

I feel blessed to have been born in North Carolina. It has been a good life.

No one should ever be ashamed of where they were born. The most important thing is what you do with your life from that point.

Old 09-03-2007, 03:37 AM

1,135 posts, read 1,208,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westsidelife View Post
Los Angeles misses you dearly. Do you plan on moving back any time soon?
You keep posting those pics, and it will be sooner than later! Anyway, L. A. will do fine without me. You kind of have to have your **** together if you want to live there.

Old 09-03-2007, 12:21 PM

101 posts, read 329,801 times
There's no problem with feeling proud of where you come from. To me, there can be an excessive amount to the point where it's kind of like nationalism (or extreme pride). That can be dangerous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.