Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2012, 09:35 AM

113 posts, read 306,939 times

Advertisements

Hello All ,

Hope every thing is great .I need your help to locate to a city or suburb that meet some of the below criteria

1- Very safe to raise a family ( low violent and property crime , traffic )
2- Friendly and tolerated people we are Muslims , my wife wear scarf
3- have good job growth , employment opportunities and strong economy.
4- Rentals are affordable ( 2 bedrooms up to $ 1200 )
5- No extreme climate (high humidity ,extreme hot , excess rain or snow )
6- have a nearby aerospace industry
7- have a good public transportation system

I have in mind some cities

AUSTIN , TX or nearby Round Rock , TX
DENVER , CO or nearby suburbs
PLANO , TX
SUGAR LAND , TX
CARY , NC
LINCOLN , NE
PHOENIX , AZ or nearby suburbs
NASHVILLE , TN
Small suburbs in D.C/ALEXANDRIA/ARLINGTON metro

please advise

thanks

ABDULLAH
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2012, 02:59 PM

3,892 posts, read 5,516,928 times
Indianapolis has the NATIONS most AFFORDABLE housing market.
Indianapolis, IN Homes for Sale & Real Estate | Homes.com
Theres a good website to start searching.
Indianapolis has the lowest cost of living of any major US city and were the 11th largest city in the US/33rd largest metro area and were the fastest growing city/metro in the midwest and #8 in the nation. Indianapolis also is within a days drive to 75% of the US population which is very convient.
Chicago is 3 hours away and so is lake Michigan/St Louis. Cincy and Louisville are 2 hours away.
Indianapolis also will be the FIRST northern city to be put on the Super Bowl host rotation list and the media praised our city. People are already demanding Indy bid for a Super Bowl in 2018 or 2020 and that would be the first time a northern city host 2 super bowls in 1 stadium.
Indianapolis also is a very clean/green city and if you travel up the Meridian Street corridor you would think your looking at housing in Hollywood but infact its home to some of the richest communities in Indiana. Hamilton County which is the northern suburbs is among the most affluent county in the midwest and in the nation.
Indiana also has a low tax balanced budget with property taxes capped at 1%. Which is great considering alot of states like our neighbor Illinois are so much in debt they have to raise taxes well Indiana actually has cut them.
Indianapolis also play's host the 2 largest sporting events in the world every year. The Indy 500 and the Brickyard 400. Indy is the only city that has a contract with the NCAA to host the Final four every 5 years due to the fact the NCAA is headquartered here.
Indianapolis is also the headquarters for the Islamic Society of North America The city is very open to muslims and as long as you aren't causing trouble you would be fine here
Indianapolis, IN Jobs on CareerBuilder.com
heres info on job opportunities which is good to have in this economy
Hope you like what Indianapolis has to offer for you.

Also i recommend talking to the helpful people in the Indianapolis forum to help you out too. They can answer any other questions you have

Old 03-24-2012, 04:54 AM

475 posts, read 508,409 times
Come to LA honey, here we accept everyone. I know, the traffic is insane but still, great city to live.

Old 03-24-2012, 07:28 AM

27,231 posts, read 43,971,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egyptian2009 View Post
Hello All ,

Hope every thing is great .I need your help to locate to a city or suburb that meet some of the below criteria

1- Very safe to raise a family ( low violent and property crime , traffic )
2- Friendly and tolerated people we are Muslims , my wife wear scarf
3- have good job growth , employment opportunities and strong economy.
4- Rentals are affordable ( 2 bedrooms up to $ 1200 )
5- No extreme climate (high humidity ,extreme hot , excess rain or snow )
6- have a nearby aerospace industry
7- have a good public transportation system

I have in mind some cities

AUSTIN , TX or nearby Round Rock , TX
DENVER , CO or nearby suburbs
PLANO , TX
SUGAR LAND , TX
CARY , NC
LINCOLN , NE
PHOENIX , AZ or nearby suburbs
NASHVILLE , TN
Small suburbs in D.C/ALEXANDRIA/ARLINGTON metro

please advise

thanks

ABDULLAH
Since you don't want extremes of heat, humidity, cold and snow I would avoid Texas, Nebraska, Colorado and Arizona. I think the DC area would be good for you in terms of cultural acceptance, milder weather, a strong economy, good public transit and safety. The only potential negatives can be traffic and lack of affordability though I think both can be avoided in some areas. Check out the Rockville/Gaithersburg area in suburban Maryland or the Falls Church area in Northern Virginia. In both areas if you look for housing not close to a Metro station you'll find much more affordable housing.
Getting to/from the Metro is pretty easy as the bus system is very frequent and quite extensive. Both areas have very good schools and attract younger couples looking to start/raise a family.

Old 03-24-2012, 01:36 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,339,591 times
Honestly, I don't think Nashville would be a great place for you at this time. Some of the criteria fits, some doesn't. There are plenty of safe neighborhoods, affordable rentals, and the job market is OK (considering the economy)...but I don't see much in the way of aerospace (outside of Vought Aircraft and an Embraer maintenance facility), and Nashville is a pretty humid climate.

As far as being accepting of Muslims...lately there have been some controversies lately around the construction of new mosques for the growing population. While many folks don't seem to mind Muslims being in the community, there is a lot of opposition to locating the mosques "in their backyards" (whether they admit it or not). There was a pretty nasty episode in a suburb about 30 minutes from Nashville, and other proposals have met resistance as well. While there is a small, but thriving Muslim community (mainly Kurdish/Iraqi and East African, from what I can tell), I think if you are specifically looking for an "accepting" community for Muslims, you should probably rule Nashville out at this time.

Good luck with your relocation.

Old 03-24-2012, 03:32 PM

113 posts, read 306,939 times
MARCE , thanks a lot , LA is great but i cannot afford and there is no much jobs
kyle , yes you are right it seems to be the best choice
nahvols , you are right . Nashville is great but i heard about raising tension against muslim presence led by ACT and anti Muslim organization
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.