Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is the most vibrant Westcoast city?
Seattle 11 16.67%
Portland 3 4.55%
San Francisco 31 46.97%
Los Angeles 16 24.24%
Las Vegas 5 7.58%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 11:01 PM

234 posts, read 1,158,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
URBAN density? Hm...

People doing more with their lives than anywhere else? I don't suppose you have any proof. And I would have to disagree. NYC can easily take that.

More people playing sports and exercising than anywhere else? Again... Where's the proof of this? You can't walk down an NYC street without seeing anyone.

16 million cars on the largest freeway network... That I won't argue with. That is something I'm glad NYC doesn't have. And you call that activity?!

San Francisco=Best city on the West Coast... But of course, I will get dogged if I don't say "in my opinion."

LOL it dont stop. futurecop constant bashing of LA. even though you said LA is ur second home. if san francisco was the best city on the west coast it would have the biggest population and the most tourist but for some reason it dont. so u can throw san fran as the best city on the west coast out the window. lol when ur New Yorkers make alot of money they move to LA or jersey or miami.. hahaha u know im right
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2007, 11:10 PM

1,119 posts, read 2,742,903 times
Mexico city population is bigger than NYC, LA, Chicago, SF, Boston...whats the point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by donjuan View Post
if san francisco was the best city on the west coast it would have the biggest population and the most tourist but for some reason it dont.

Old 09-18-2007, 12:50 AM

234 posts, read 1,158,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by downtown1 View Post
Mexico city population is bigger than NYC, LA, Chicago, SF, Boston...whats the point?

true true but mexicans are running to LA with the quickness. i been to mexico and u would see alot of mexicans with LA hats and jackets like LA is a part of mexico. its like they are all proud of LA. when people get really rich they go to LA not no mexico or boston or san fran. look at kayne west he got paid and what he do he moved to LA and he is from chicago. Look at jay z and nas they are real new yorkers but they also own homes in LA and miami and ny, Not san fran.

back to ur comment. if LA has way more tourist than san fran and all those other cities u put up then that must tell you something. face it LA haters, people love it and thats why they always come back

Old 09-18-2007, 06:53 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,690,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealAngelion View Post
You crack me up. You've never been to LA, so you no nothing about the charactor Santa Monica, Venice Beach or Beverly Hills.
but why do Santa Monica, VB and BH even qualify in the comparison? The question is LA, and they aren't part of LA.

Old 09-18-2007, 07:31 AM

1,969 posts, read 6,391,828 times
I'd say SF. It all depends on your definition of vibrant, which is an ambigious term subject to interpretation. LA, as huge as it is, almost doesn't feel like a true city in the same way that Boston, Chicago, NY, and SF are. Las Vegas is fun to visit, but wholly inauthentic, tacky, vice-ridden, and boring after two nights.

Old 09-18-2007, 10:58 AM

1,287 posts, read 5,025,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
but why do Santa Monica, VB and BH even qualify in the comparison? The question is LA, and they aren't part of LA.
You seem unfamiliar with LA. First, Venice Beach is part of the city of Los Angeles. Second, SM and BH are surrounded by the city of LA and are a part of LA County. These cities are integrated with LA--economically, socially, culturally and are part of the same infrastructure (e.g. transportation, county government, emergency services, etc.) and they share/contribute to LA’s identity and image.

Old 09-18-2007, 01:45 PM

2,787 posts, read 11,500,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealAngelion View Post
You crack me up. You've never been to LA, so you no nothing about the charactor Santa Monica, Venice Beach or Beverly Hills.
I have been to LA. I already told you Marina del Rey. But for some reason you must think I dropped from the sky and landed in the center of Marina del Rey. I drove through Los Angeles in many areas. But I don't count driving as actually being there.

Old 09-18-2007, 01:48 PM

Quote:
if LA has way more tourist than san fran and all those other cities u put up then that must tell you something. face it LA haters, people love it and thats why they always come back
Tourists don't make a city great. So you must believe LA is greater than NYC and Chicago. GIVE ME A ****ING BREAK.

San Francisco is easily the most beautiful city in the US. And I'd be willing to do a poll on it. San Francisco vs. Los Angeles? You down?

Old 09-18-2007, 01:51 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,089,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
Tourists don't make a city great. So you must believe LA is greater than NYC and Chicago. GIVE ME A ****ING BREAK.

San Francisco is easily the most beautiful city in the US. And I'd be willing to do a poll on it. San Francisco vs. Los Angeles? You down?
San Fran reminds me of Portland, OR, it has that 'clean' coastal feeling

Old 09-18-2007, 01:54 PM

Quote:
LOL it dont stop. futurecop constant bashing of LA. even though you said LA is ur second home. if san francisco was the best city on the west coast it would have the biggest population and the most tourist but for some reason it dont. so u can throw san fran as the best city on the west coast out the window. lol when ur New Yorkers make alot of money they move to LA or jersey or miami.. hahaha u know im right
Hey, Donnie, looks like San Francisco is kicking LA's ass in this poll!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.