Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 09:06 AM

412 posts, read 1,028,750 times

Advertisements

Michigan here, and yes I I do remove my shoes in our home and others homes. Mom taught me well.

OK, she also taught me to sit down in the bathroom in case you were wondering. LOL

Old 09-17-2007, 03:00 PM

151 posts, read 739,793 times
I never wear shoes at home.
I'm from Ohio.

Old 09-17-2007, 03:34 PM

2,787 posts, read 11,500,679 times
Well, since we walk through vomet and piles of **** at the subway station, I think us New Yorkers are going to take our shoes off.

Old 09-17-2007, 03:40 PM

3,570 posts, read 3,758,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by person View Post
Do You Take Off Your Shoes At Home?

Which state /area are you from?

If you don't wear shoes at home, do you make your guest keep or take off shoes ? Do you feel ppl who drag dirt and whatever germy stuff they step on into homes are dirty and crazy.

If you wear shoes in your home, do you feel offended if someone makes you take your shoes off in their homes? Or do you do it anyway but feel that these bare footed nuts are out of their minds?
We never wear shoes in the house. But we aren't fanatical about it. We will wear shoes as long as it takes to get from the closet, out the door and vice-versa.

With guests, I feel that if I don't have clean slippers to offer them, then I won't ask them to take off their shoes. Many do it anyway.

Old 09-17-2007, 04:53 PM

2,408 posts, read 14,394,538 times
I do not take my shoes off at my home; or if I do, I walk through it into my room, then take them off. As such, I don't care one way or the other whether other people take their shoes off.

When I was a kid, I would wear my shoes all day all over the house since I was running in and out so often, and my parents didn't have any issues with it. I do remember however going over to some friends' homes whose parents didn't allow shoes inside which at the time was such a weird and foreign concept to me. Nowadays, I understand why some people don't want shoes on in their homes and I will dutifully oblige if that's the case (my brother converted to a shoeless household when he got married).

For the record, I am from northern Virginia, although it seems to me thus far that this isn't so much a geography-specific issue so much as it is family-specific.

Old 09-17-2007, 04:58 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,384,761 times
Shoes always come off. I think its disgusting to walk around outside and then drag that crap (literally) inside your house where you sleep and eat. BLECH. Im from Warrenville, IL.

Old 09-17-2007, 05:29 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,061,367 times
I wear my shoes in the house. I tell everybody, just knock off the big chunks and have a seat.

But when I go to your house, I listen to your wants. If you want me to take my shoes off, I certainly will. Even if you say, "Hey don't worry". If my shoes are bad, I'll take them off anyway.

Old 09-17-2007, 10:24 PM

38,892 posts, read 22,875,846 times
Quote:
Yes. After being cooped up in shoes all day, my feet are VERY relieved to be out of their "foot prisons."

Quote:
Southern California.

Quote:
If you don't wear shoes at home, do you make your guest keep or take off shoes ? Do you feel ppl who drag dirt and whatever germy stuff they step on into homes are dirty and crazy.
I used to have carpet in my living room, where I usually do my entertaining. I had it taken out several years ago, so now there's hardwood floor. I don't have any hard and fast rule about whether or not to wear shoes inside. I tell guests whatever makes them comfortable. The floors are easily cleaned regardless.

Quote:
If you wear shoes in your home, do you feel offended if someone makes you take your shoes off in their homes? Or do you do it anyway but feel that these bare footed nuts are out of their minds?
I'd actually welcome it if I was given the option of taking my shoes off. I went to a Christmas party several years ago at the home of one of my company's (the one I was working for at the time) account executives. Since he had white carpeting in his house, he asked all of us to remove our shoes (but keep our socks/stockings/nylons) on. I think we all were actually much more relaxed that way.

Old 09-17-2007, 11:40 PM

1,207 posts, read 2,423,626 times

The very moment I walk in the door, yes.

Twin Cities... Minnesota

If you don't wear shoes at home, do you make your guest keep or take off shoes?

Make? It sounds so violent or forceful! lol... I've changed on this over the years, but now I am completely comfortable with respectfully requiring folks to remove their shoes when entering my apartment.

Do you feel ppl who drag dirt and whatever germy stuff they step on into homes are dirty and crazy?

That just sounds silly, of course not.

If you wear shoes in your home, do you feel offended if someone makes you take your shoes off in their homes?

When I used to not make a big deal about it, no, I was not offended. But, it did bother me that those I knew who demanded I remove my shoes as I entered their home even asked if they had to when coming to my home. I'm talking about the obsessive compulsive types who did think you were a pig if you kept your shoes on in their house but either had to be told to remove them in mine or even asked.

Or do you do it anyway but feel that these bare footed nuts are out of their minds?

I think anyone who is anal about anything is a bit over the top - period. But, their home... their right.

Old 09-18-2007, 01:18 AM

3,941 posts, read 14,716,248 times
I don't wear shoes in my house and when I have company over they usually just take off their shoes anyway. I do it at their house. It's just common courtesy. If someone has athlete's foot. KEEP 'EM ON!

Rapid City, South Dakota
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.